Windows 7 Problems installing Win7 x64 from XP x32

mmbrajohan

Hi there...

I got 7600.16385.090713-1255 x64 Windows 7, but i'm really struggling at installing it.

I currently have XP pro x32 service pack 3 on my pc, but it simply wont install.

I know that it wont run from XP itself, as it gives me the "This Installation disc isn't compatible with your version of Windows, To upgrade, you need the correct installation disc, for more information check your computer's system information. To install a new copy of windows, restart (boot) your computer using the installation disc and then select custom (advanced)" error...

I've searched forum after forum but can't seem to get it to install...

I've burned an copy of the iso to a disk & tried running it via booting, but it doesn't start installing... it just skips to windows XP...

can it be my hardware or my cd image that is wrong?

My hardware:
AMD Phenom 9950 BE
ASRock K10n78 Motherboard
2GB Samsung + 2x1GB Corsair XMS Ram (tried combinations of them by removing some as well)
XFX 9800gt 512MB G/C (tried using the onboard geforce 8200 card as well)
Seagate 500gb sata H/D
TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552U Samsung IDE DVD Drive
DLink Wireless adapter
500W power Supply

The contents of my DVD:
Windows7DVD.jpg

Am I missing some files needed to boot up in startup or is my DVD ROM not suited for the job?

Thank you

PS - I've tried installing it from a flash drive, but no success...
How to Install Windows 7 From USB Drive without Windows 7 ISO DVD

Go in to your bios and change your boot order to boot from dvd drive first. After saving and booting back to windows, put the dvd in and reboot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom