Problems loading desktop...

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Nitrox, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Nitrox

Nitrox New Member

Hi everyone, I have been looking around the forums but I did not find any similar than mine....

I´m running windows 7 32bit, when I start the cpu, it loads perfectly until the desktop reaches, first of all the windows welcome sound is off or something, then the desktop loads, but the explorer doesn´t work, i mean i can´t click anything, the toolbar where the sound device icons, clock and such doesn´t show up, and the loading circle from the cursor is always on, I can´t even press CTRL+ALT+SUPR to check out the task bar...

Safe mode is running perfectly, and there is something that bothering me, "one or more sound services isn´t working" should it be like that in safe mode?

Tried to reboot a lot of times, I had this problem from several days ago but it went well after the second reboot or something like that, today isn´t working at all...

2. busydog

busydog New Member

IMHO probably two issues:

Something is loading (service or app) that is causing problems and that is why safe mode works and normal doesn't. Use MSCONFIG (from a command prompt) to disable all startup apps and non-MS services. If you boot OK, then add things back slowly to see what is causing your problem(s).

You probably have the wrong sound driver(s) so I would try updating those from the internet assuming step one works.

3. Nitrox

Nitrox New Member

THank you for the answer, in this time after my question and such I was running my antivirus program in safe mode, and found Win32 Trojan-Gen, Is it possible that the virus is causing this troubleshooting? I want to be sure that if is the virus ,so i may not edit things in the msconfig mode...

Sorry about my english....

4. busydog

busydog New Member

Possible but not likely.... After you remove it, consider my suggestions.

5. Nitrox

Nitrox New Member

Ok, I will. After the thorough scan and msconfig options I will post if it was resolved or not :D

thanks for the help!

6. ZeGy

ZeGy New Member

sound

Jeg vet dette ikke er rett sted å sette dette. men jeg har nesten samme problem som han. Jeg har Windows 7 64 - biter og vinduene lyd er aktivated, men stoppet. Jeg kan ikke spille any lyd på datamaskinen min. Hva bør jeg gjøre?

#6 ZeGy, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  7. ZeGy

ZeGy New Member

sound problem

Jeg vet dette ikke er rett sted å sette dette. men jeg har nesten samme problem som han. Jeg har Windows 7 64 - biter og vinduene lyd er aktivated, men stoppet. Jeg kan ikke spille any lyd på datamaskinen min. Hva bør jeg gjøre?

#7 ZeGy, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  8. RAK

RAK Extraordinary Member

Translation.

I know this is not the right place in which to put this. but I have almost the same problem as him. I have Windows 7 64bit, and the windows sound is activated, but stopped. I can not play any audio requests to my computer. What should I do?

Er du i stand til å skrive på engelsk, ZeGy. Responsen kan være bedre.?

9. cybercore

cybercore New Member

Control Panel => Administrative => Services => Windows audio service, click on it to see its properties if the service is running.

We take it you don't have any issues with hardware or drivers.