Windows 7 Problems sharing to mediabox?....Need help please.

jpop

Hello there,

Hope someone can help me here.....

Last week i bought a PlayOn HD network media player and have been having constant problems trying to share my folders to my PC running Win 7 since...

I set up my folders to share on my PC and switched on my media player.....i selected automatic setup but the player was saying DHCP not ready and can't get IP but i could stream internet radio through the box and check out the live feeds but when i try to access my shared folders i get asked for login details which i don't have.

I followed a guide in the official forum for my media player to adjust some registry settings and how to pick the correct sharing options in network settings and it worked for that day.

Next day i switched on and i am asked again for login details and i go through the proceedure again but it does not work this time.....i spend hours messing about with the network settings and finally manage to get to my folders without being asked for login details.

Switched on today and the same thing asking for login details
huh.gif

I can still stream radio and can connect to my folders using the UPnP option with PS3mediaserver running on my PC but my HD movies crash because they are being transcoded on the fly.....thats why i bought the media box.

I am wired connected.

I don't know what else i can do to sort this problem out.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Back