Windows 7 Problems with Fable 3 and Dirt 3

wispila

I can't launch Fable 3 or Dirt 3 for some reason. It doesn't give me a error or anything when i try to launch them but it just "thinks" for a while and does nothing, but the odd thing is that Fable used to run without any problems whatsoever it just stopped working after i got about half way trough the game. I've tried reinstalling/repairing both games without any luck, I've also tried reinstalling games for windows but that didn't help either and tried running them as admin etc. Oh and both of these games work fine on my friends computer who is running the same operating system (win7 home premium x64). So anyone else having similar issues or have any idea what's wrong?

comp specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD5850 PCS+ (with up to date drivers)
RAM: 3Gb @1333Mhz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8800GA-UD3H

I'd initially be thinking issue could be related to having 6 cpu cores... I know most of the older codies racing games (even more recent ones like F1 2010) you had to modify a XML config to make them work if they didnt pick it up correctly.

heres a link to the codies own thread mentioning the issue, I used to get this issue on some of their titles as my i7 shows as 8 core and causes same issue on some

AMD 6-core - Codemasters Forums

Last edited:
Back