Problems with installing applications

Just fired up my new Dell laptop with Vista. I installed Novell client and I am attempting to install my primary applications from my network. But everytime I do that I either get nothing to happen when I execute the setup.exe or the setup does start and stalls during the process. I have downloaded applications to my desktop and some that didn't install from the network install fine, others still stall during the install process. I have disabled UAC, my profile is an admin account and I have tried right clicking and installing as admin option. My co-worker is having the same problem. I just created my account as admin but have not fooled with profiles yet. Can anyone tell me what is causing this ?
Thank you,
Debra

I thought I would write back and report that I got my applications to install from the network. I had installed Netware client for Vista 1.0. Novell has 1.0 Update 6. I installed that version and it took care of some network problems I was having. Along with that I clicked on Properties on the executable I was trying to install from and chose XP SP2 compatibility and all seems to be working well.

Debra

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.