Windows 7 Problems with minimized windows

ErazerSwe

I could need some advice here since i cant figure this one out myself. The problem is if i have for example firefox and some other app minimized, and i point my mouse arrow over it it shows a small preview of that window. But if i move my mouse pointer up to that small window it used to show the whole window maximized without me having to click on it. Now i have to click on the preview every time wich is kind of annoying. Any help on this would be great thanks.

It sounds like the feature you are referring to is called "Aero Peek" in Windows. This feature allows you to preview the contents of a minimized window by hovering over its thumbnail in the taskbar, and then if you move the mouse pointer up to the preview, it maximizes the window automatically.

If this functionality is not working as expected, it might be due to some settings changes or a potential issue with the system. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue:

1. Check Taskbar Settings:
- Right-click on an empty space on the taskbar.
- Select "Taskbar settings."
- Ensure that the option for "Use Peek to preview the desktop" is turned on.

2. Restart Windows Explorer:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager.
- Locate "Windows Explorer" in the list of processes.
- Right-click on it and select "Restart."

3. Check System Performance:
- Sometimes system performance issues can affect Aero Peek. Make sure your system is not overloaded, which might cause delays in displaying the previews.

4. Update Graphics Drivers:
- Outdated graphics drivers can sometimes cause issues with visual effects. Update your graphics card drivers to the latest version from the manufacturer's website.

5. Disable and Re-Enable Aero Peek:
- Go to Control Panel > System and Security > System.
- Click on "Advanced system settings" on the left.
- Under the "Advanced" tab, click on "Settings" in the Performance section.
- Make sure "Enable Peek" is checked. If it is, uncheck it, click "Apply," then re-enable it and click "Apply" again.

6. Run Windows Troubleshooter:
- Windows has built-in troubleshooters that can automatically fix some common problems. You can try running the troubleshooter for Aero Peek.

After trying these steps, check if the Aero Peek feature behaves as expected. If the issue persists, there might be a more advanced configuration or system-related problem that needs further investigation.

Back