Resource icon

Process Explorer v16.05

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Process Explorer 11.3

Microsoft has released Version 11.3 of the free Process Explorer utility which is a more detailed version of Task Manager. The changes include numerous bug fixes and enhancements.

Last edited:
Re: Process Explorer 11.3

Microsoft has released Version 11.33 of the free Process Explorer utility which is a more detailed version of Task Manager. The changes include a bug fix.

Hi Kemical. Have you tried some of the other Technet utilities?
I am getting fond of "Desktops"
'Ive attached it for your (any anyone else's) covenience.

Last edited:

Hi Davehc,

thanks for that.

It has obvious benefits when you've got numerous pages/apps open.
Good to see you posting in the forum again...:)

Yes. I have shamefully neglected lately. I was on the Vista beta program, with a technet subscription, and suddenly, out of the blue, they put me in the 7 program. I've been pretty busy on the MS 7 forum and another couple of dedicated 7 forums.
It is turning out so similar to the problems newbies had with Vista, that it tends to get repetitive and boring, I,m afraid. So I am beginning to look back at Vista for sustenance-lol

I must admit I'm loving 7 and am going to try really hard to keep it going after Aug 1st (unless the RC version is out of course).
As you say though, 7 and vista are so similar that it's not a problem to keep helping out in the vista forum..

Process Monitor 2.5

The free Process Monitor utility has been updated to Version 2.5. This is a major update which adds a number of enhancements, including new by-extension and by-directory views in the File Summary dialog, a new Network Summary view, quick filtering in all the summary views, additional IOCTL and error result decoding, and bug fixes.

Microsoft has updated the free Process Monitor system monitoring utility to Version 2.7. This version adds a new option to the process tree dialog that direct it to show just the timeline for displayed events, has performance improvements in Windows Vista and 7, and has a range of fixes and enhancements.

Last edited:
Thanks for that.. I'm sure I put the link in but obviously not....

Microsoft has updated the free Process Monitor system monitoring utility to Version 2.8. This version displays new Windows 7 CreateFile options, along with other enhancements.

Process Explorer Update

Microsoft has released Version 12.00 of the free Process Explorer utility which is a more detailed version of Task Manager. This version includes several significant new features, as well as genereal improvements and fixes.

Click to download: Process Explorer

Ever wondered which program has a particular file or directory open? Now you can find out. Process Explorer shows you information about which handles and DLLs processes have opened or loaded.
The Process Explorer display consists of two sub-windows. The top window always shows a list of the currently active processes, including the names of their owning accounts, whereas the information displayed in the bottom window depends on the mode that Process Explorer is in: if it is in handle mode you'll see the handles that the process selected in the top window has opened; if Process Explorer is in DLL mode you'll see the DLLs and memory-mapped files that the process has loaded. Process Explorer also has a powerful search capability that will quickly show you which processes have particular handles opened or DLLs loaded.
The unique capabilities of Process Explorer make it useful for tracking down DLL-version problems or handle leaks, and provide insight into the way Windows and applications work.

Oops.. Thanks for spotting that Highwayman I was in a rush and thought it was the same link, doh!

I know you posted the proper one but here is again just in case:

Process Explorer

Microsoft has released Version 12.02 of the free Process Explorer utility which is a more detailed version of Task Manager. This update fixes a bug with the version for Windows Vista 32-bit which could cause a crash.

Download here: Process Explorer

Microsoft has released Version 12.03 of the free Process Explorer utility which is a more detailed version of Task Manager. This update changes the driver name so that it is used even when the previous driver is already loaded.

Process Explorer

Microsoft has updated the free Process Monitor system monitoring utility to Version 2.91. This version improves the configuration of process filters.

Microsoft has released Version 12.04 of the free Process Explorer utility which is a more detailed version of Task Manager. This update adds the ability to generate full and minidump process crash dump files, and contains a bug fix.

Microsoft has updated the free Process Monitor system monitoring utility to Version 2.92. This version adds a toolbar button and two quick-filter context menu items.

Process Monitor

Back