Windows 7 Processor Problem

lueszu

Hi i just instaled RC in my old pc:

Processor: Intel Pentium D 925 Dual Core, 3.00ghz
MoBo: ECS 945gzt-m
Ram: Kinstone 1gb (2x512) 533mhz
Video: Nvidia GeForce 7200gs 256mb ddr2

As you can see, its a very basic pc just to navigate and stuff... it reconizes everything, but when i do the windows experience test my processor is rated with 1.8 points...

I know its a old processor, and its not part of de "core" family, but my single core Mobility Sempron 3400+ 1.8ghz gets 3.5 points.

Any ideas?

are you monitoring your temps at all? I have the identical processor and that rating is definitely low mine receives a 4.6.
I remember my processor is very bad for losing clock cycles when it get's too hot. You could try to disable Intel Speed Step technology in BIOS but don't do it unless your actively monitoring you temperatures, you could fry your processor.

Hi i just instaled RC in my old pc:

Processor: Intel Pentium D 925 Dual Core, 3.00ghz
MoBo: ECS 945gzt-m
Ram: Kinstone 1gb (2x512) 533mhz
Video: Nvidia GeForce 7200gs 256mb ddr2

As you can see, its a very basic pc just to navigate and stuff... it reconizes everything, but when i do the windows experience test my processor is rated with 1.8 points...

I know its a old processor, and its not part of de "core" family, but my single core Mobility Sempron 3400+ 1.8ghz gets 3.5 points.

Any ideas?

I have a Pentium D 830 running at 3 GHz. which earns a performance rating of 4.7. My overall score is determined by a low score of 3.2 earned by the onboard graphics driver. Are you sure you don't have a power supply problem or an overheating problem?

Hey John I'm trying to troubleshoot a possibly poor install on my heatsink... What sort of idle/load temps are you seeing with your rig?

its not the temperature... the computer isnt slow and i can play all my games (well... the games my cheap cheap and old gpu allows me), just the score... doesnt affect me at all... but still bothers a little :p

Last edited:
maybe something was running when you first ran the windows experience index. Try refreshing the index (small blue text to the right at the bottom of the page.)

Texture, Here's my processor temps

Hey John I'm trying to troubleshoot a possibly poor install on my heatsink... What sort of idle/load temps are you seeing with your rig?

I had a couple of screen shots all set to send you when the website came back online. While I was waiting for that to happen, I suffered a massive computer crash (caused by Debian 5 in a dual-boot configuration, not by Windows). The result was having to physically remove the Debian drive from the computer and format and reload "C" drive losing everything that was on the computer. (Debian was on a separate harddrive) Windows System restore could not get rid of GRUB which was blocking Windows from loading nor could Windows Home Server perform a system restore. Well, I have Windows re-loaded now and I will get everything reloaded and configured over the next couple of weeks. XP is going to remain my primary OS for the forseeable future, so I didn't have any critical "stuff" on this computer that got lost.

To the subject at hand: My processor temp seems to run about 83 degrees C until processor gets to running past like 60% or so. The processor fan is running at 1500 RPM at this temp. It ran as high as 86 degrees C when processing heavily and the processor fan speed increased to 2000 RPM and there was no further temperature increase. I am using the Microsoft supplied processor fan that came boxed with the processor as a kit. It is of note that this processor is advertised as dual core, but PC Wizard only reports a single core temp. PC Wizard on my Core 2 Duo E4600 processor on another computer reports core #1 temp and core #2 temp separately. Hmmmm!!

Back