Windows 7 Product Code

teak

I didn't get the box for Windows 7. The disk was sent with my computer. Where couild I find the product code?

teak

Thanks

Ususally there is a sticker on the PC with this information. If not use the porgram below.
ProduKey v1.51
Copyright (c) 2005 - 2011 Nir Sofer
Web Site: ProduKey - Recover lost product key (CD-Key) of Windows/MS-Office/SQL Server

Description
===========
ProduKey is a small utility that displays the ProductID and the CD-Key of
MS-Office, Windows, Exchange Server, and SQL Server installed on your
computer. You can view this information for your current running
operating system, or for another operating system/computer - by using
command-line options. This utility can be useful if you lost the product
key of your Windows/Office, and you want to reinstall it on your computer.

You can see the Product ID down on the page Control Panel\System and Security\System

1. If you mean activation, call Microsoft, they know everything. Keeping the activation page open when you call, there should be a number series, and on basis of that they can activate it.
2. Contact the seller / manufacturer. They have a responsibility.

To Continue, I thought the product key was suppose to be instantly installed on download. I don't know why a window keeps popping up asking for the product key. I may install my old version of XP incase something happens. I used the software to produce the product key and the Windows Product Key it will not accept it.

Windows doesn't usually install automatically with any keys - it requires them to be inserted manually. That's due to the many and countless illegal versions running around. It's a nuisance for sure, but a true hindrance only for illegal copies. There may be some difficulties, like I had to make a phone call to Microsoft to make it run, although I bought and downloaded my copy straight from Microsoft, but in the end it worked just fine. And has ever since that.

It is quite simple. If the product code is not included on a sticker with the PC, then either the sticker has been peeled off, or it is not a genuine OEM licensed computer for Windows 7. I.E. You have been duped, or you have downloaded an illegal copy (in which case... if it is an illegal copy, this thread gets shut down.. see also Link Removed due to 404 Error

Next, if you have no product key installed, perhaps something has removed it. Do you have the original installation media? Here you will find another source for the product key, assuming it is genuine.

You will want to familiarize yourself with this site: Link Removed due to 404 Error

Its possible to fall victim to software counterfeiting. Its also possible someone forgot to include the product key sticker, in which case it is time to call Microsoft. You can re-arm Windows 7 for a period of time until the problem is resolved, but be forewarned that once you run out of re-arms, nothing can be done for you. See slmgr -rearm.. See here: http://windows7forums.com/windows-7...3-very-weird-activation-issue.html#post253436

Best of luck.

Back