Windows 7 product key?

khalander8

Hi,

I have W7 installation DVD "7100.0.090421-1700_x86fre_client_en-us_retail_ultimate-grc1culfrer_en_dvd" and want to try W7 on my personal laptop. Where can I find product key for this installation? Is there a way to install W7 without product key and what happens if I install without product key?

Thanks,
k

Hello and Welcome to Windows7forums.. :)

You can obtain a key for the Windows 7 RC from here:

Windows 7 Release Candidate Customer Preview Program

Just choose which version you have (32-bit or 64-bit) then click "go". In the next screen you'll need to login using your Windows Live ID.. once logged in the next page will give you a product key.. :)

You can in fact install without a key but Win 7 will expire after 30 days if no key is entered (meaning you'll get nagging messages telling you that Windows is not Activated).. You can also install without the key and then input the key once your installation is done.. ;) It's up to you, but the easiest route is just to get one and put it in during the installation, then Activate after you've completed the install.. :)

Last edited:
Product key or serial number is the license of the software you are using, you need to put or purchase a right product key for your software so that you can use it. Buy software in genuine Microsoft packaging from trusted website, or from well-known online retailers.

Back