Windows 7 programs run only as administrator

robwarning

Running Windows 7 64bit on a HP Pavlion with i7 processor.
I do have a administrator account on this PC, but recently I have to select "Run as Administrator" to make some programs work.
for instance Visual studio 2010 is failing to start up when I simply run it. also windows live mail give errors (black screens) if I try to run it normally.
Nothing new installed lately only some dozen recomended window upgrades.

somebody know what may cause this?

thanks
Rob

Could you expand what you mean by "I do have a administrator account on this PC". - Do you mean you have enabled the Global Administrator account?

But. One suggestion, open Msconfig - Tools tab, and "Launch" - "Change UAC Settings" See if this satisfies your requirements. UAV is a text warning only, and if you are satisifeid that you can handle breeches into youer security, fairly useless.
If you do not have the "Global" Adminstrator account enabled, post back and we will toell how to go from there.

I'm afraid this does not have a lot to do with your black screen, but maybe we can deal with that as another issue

Hi davehc,
I did not enable any global Administrator account! Do not even know what it is...
There are simply two account types Administrator and user. I gave myself an administrator account.
I will see later If your trick with the Msconfig works, I am not working on my home computer at this moment.

regards Rob

Is the behavior the same from both accounts?
They are account Types
But I do have a simple user account that is not showing this behavior.
Altroug I did not activate VS on this account it seems to start up fine.

regards Rob

I may not have much help for you since I do not run VS. Is it required you activate it on every user account? Did you install it in a way that might keep it from running for other users?

Did you install if from the admin account using admin privledges? You might check the Start icon properties and see if you need to change any settings on the compatibility tab.

Back
Top Bottom