Windows 7 Progress with 'thumbs.db' and Windows 7 Home Premuim

TorMike

Honorable Member
I've searched the forum and couldn't find any responses to this question, I think.

As you've probable guessed I use Windows 7 Home Premium and have attempted to use gpedit.msc only to realize it's not part of the Home Premium O/S. So I'm stuck with recreating folders in order to 'fix' the problem.

Does anyone know if Microsoft 'fixed', addressed, listened to it's users to offer a fix to this problem?

Just another example of Microsoft arrogance; convinced they know better than their users.

Have you tried repairing the system using the original retail dvd or the the system repair disk your asked to make?

My O/S is not broken.

It just that I'd like to rid the O/S of creating 'thumbs.db' pointer in folders. Attempting to delete a file can be made nasty because the 'thumbs.db' has a lock on the image. When I want to delete a file I want to delete a file and I could care less if the O/S has created a pointer just to make loading an image quicker.

I never understand my Microsoft needs to make my life harder??

Sorry, I misunderstood. I quite agree with you on the deleting part and the harder part......It seems to me that MS has not yet grasped the "simple concept" yet.

Back