Windows 7 Promise 378 Driver for Windows 7 64 bit

fsfs

I just bought a new Western Digital VelociRaptor 74 gb hard drive. I have an Asus A8V deluxe mobo.

I was able to install Windows 7 32 bit fine using one of the promise 378 driver that I have but, when I tried to instal the 64 bit version I could not find any driver that worked for the promise 378 except the promise 376-378-1.00.1.39-41 This is the latest driver that Promise had release.

When I load the driver, Windows can detect the driver but it does not see my hard drive.
Any clues?
Thanks

It seems like you are encountering issues with installing the 64-bit version of Windows 7 on your Western Digital VelociRaptor 74GB hard drive connected to the Promise 378 controller on your Asus A8V Deluxe motherboard.

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Driver Compatibility: Ensure that you are using the correct driver for the Promise 378 controller. Sometimes, using a driver that is not specifically designed for your hardware can cause compatibility issues.

2. BIOS Settings: Check your motherboard's BIOS settings to ensure that the Promise 378 controller is enabled and configured correctly. Make sure that the controller is set to AHCI or RAID mode, depending on your configuration.

3. RAID Configuration: If you are using RAID with the Promise controller, ensure that the RAID configuration is set up correctly. Sometimes, incorrect RAID configurations can prevent the operating system from detecting the hard drive.

4. Driver Installation Process: Double-check the driver installation process. Sometimes, errors in the installation process can cause the driver to not function correctly.

5. Alternative Drivers: If the latest driver from Promise is not working, you can try looking for alternative drivers or older versions that might be more compatible with your setup.

6. Windows Installation Media: Ensure that your Windows 7 installation media is not corrupted. Try using a different installation disk to rule out any issues with the installation media itself.

7. Testing the Hard Drive: If possible, test the hard drive on a different controller or system to see if it is detected properly. This can help determine if the issue is with the hard drive or the controller.

By following these steps and ensuring that all hardware and software components are properly configured, you should be able to resolve the issue and successfully install the 64-bit version of Windows 7 on your system.

Back