Windows 7 Purchaced a Product Key from softwarekey-online.com and it does not work.

Dan ATR

Hi there,

My name is Dan and I have finally installed Windows7 on my XP machine. Its taken me some time but this is no doubt the best OS Microsoft have made in a while.

Now..... Knowing my stuff I decided to search around and purchase just the product key from a legit site as I already have the OEM CD for Windows7 Pro (64Bit) at home as we purchased this from Novatech a while back and its been working fine.

I purchased the licence key from Link Removed - Invalid URLLink Removed - Invalid URL the other night. I took 2 days in backing up my files and formatted the raid etc.... I went to activate the product after install (12:30pm at night) and it said that the product key had been blocked by Microsoft. So I retyped it in and nope... same message...

This morning I went onto the Link Removed - Invalid URLLink Removed - Invalid URL website and its randomly disappeared....:mad:.

Could some one please help me. I have the Key ready at hand if needed. I spent a bit of money for the key and I really cant afford it at the moment.

Im so upset and annoyed its unreal.. I feel like crying :(

Please help me :)

Last edited:
The prices listed here are extremely unrealistic and very likely fraudulent. Although one can never be sure, one can also never be too sure. As the saying goes, if it looks to good to be true, it probably is. I mean come on, Windows 7 Professional for $21.99?

It is very likely that you are the victim of software counter-fitting and/or software piracy.

As you know, fraud is a real crime, and the perpetrators of fraud should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. With that in mind, you probably want to immediately contact your credit card company and put in a dispute, possibly change your credit card number, or block this merchant from making future charges, and get advice from your bank or credit card company in general. With PayPal, you can enter a dispute resolution process under Buyer and Seller Protection.

But, most important of all,

Please see this page from Microsoft on reporting Software Piracy: Link Removed due to 404 Error

This sucks... :( How can I purchase just the product key? Microsoft don't have a page on there site for this.

Microsoft TechNet and MSDN subscriptions offer access to most of the Microsoft library, with multiple activation keys, under different licensing agreements. Windows can be used for non-production purposes if you use Microsoft TechNet or MSDN Subscriptions. You can acquire copies of Windows, Office, and other software under this scenario, including the ISO files for the products and product keys.

If you are using your system for production purposes, your best bet would be to call the Microsoft Store: Purchase Windows 7 Upgrades and Featured Accessories

I don't think MSDN is the way forward for me.

Is there not a Microsoft link or anything I could just use to purchase just the product key and get my system up and running?

There is really no way to do it. Buying the discs is the same as buying the product key. There would be no real discount (except maybe S&H). This does not include Volume License Key purchases, which are often made by re-sellers and businesses for distributing Windows. In this case you would need Windows with a key that supports VLK activation, which most people don't have at their disposal. You could try the telephone method if you think its a valid key as seen below.

Best bet is to see this thread:

http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-installation-upgrade/25083-want-buy-product-key-only.html

It may be important to note, that Lic Keys purchased or found for FREE over the internet are usually Corporate keys sold by MS to large corporations. Many of those are in Europe and there is little or no control over those keys.
Once MS has determined that a key is being used outside of the purchasing corporation, they BLOCK it and it no longer functions.

It sounds like the OP has purchased one of those Blocked Corporate keys.

I've had customers who have done the same thing and then call me when they get the WGA message telling them that they have a blocked key. There isn't much I can do at that point, but suggest that they BUY a legal key.
As a short fix, WGA can be deleted and Auto Updates shut off, to stop the annoying messages.
But that system will receive NO further updates from MS, till the Key problem is resolved.
That may not be a real problem for XP systems, but for Windows 7 it's not good.

The WGA messages I've seen, about a bogus key, also include a link to a MS page where a legal key can be purchased.

Good Luck!
Old Timer :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom