Windows 7 Question: Could i run Windows7 in this PC?

Chr0sy

Hello and thank you too much who can help me.
Well i want to know if i can run Windows 7 in a PC with:
2.7 Windows Rating Score
3.01 gHz
512 MB Ram
128MB Graphic card...
I'm currently running Vista Home Basic but such as too much people say that Windows 7 takes less memory than Windows Vista.
Can anybody tell me: Can i run W7 in my PC with such programs as Firefox, Windows Live Messenger, Photoshop and some others?

Thank You!

nothing is guaranteed, but, yes, theoretically, you should be able to run 7 on that system.
I would add more ram though.

I'm running Windows 7 (got it from MSDN technet plus) on a 6 years old system and it's working fine, but cannot play new games or games that require too much RAM as my video card is too old and I have less than 3GB of RAM.

hardware: Pentium4 2.8GHz, 2GB RAM DDR-400, GeForce 7600GS 256MB AGP, 19" monitor at 1440x900 resolution
software: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bits RTM, with latest drivers, Aero Glass interface fully enabled.

of course that on a Core2Duo laptop with 2GB of RAM and a onboard Intel GPU (64MB of memory) it runs faster due to the CPU and faster DDR-2 RAM.

Hello and thank you too much who can help me.
Well i want to know if i can run Windows 7 in a PC with:
2.7 Windows Rating Score
3.01 gHz
512 MB Ram
128MB Graphic card...
I'm currently running Vista Home Basic but such as too much people say that Windows 7 takes less memory than Windows Vista.
Can anybody tell me: Can i run W7 in my PC with such programs as Firefox, Windows Live Messenger, Photoshop and some others?

Thank You!

I see nothing wrong with your rig either, Windows 7 will sure install and run on it. One slight problem can be with the Aero interface off if your card does not meat necessary requirements - NVIDIA GF 5000 +, ATI 9500 +, Intel GMA 950 +, Chrome S25, S27, and Gamma.

Upgrading Ram to 1-2 Gb would be a plus.

I see nothing wrong with your rig either, Windows 7 will sure install and run on it. One slight problem can be with the Aero interface off if your card does not meat necessary requirements - NVIDIA GF 5000 +, ATI 9500 +, Intel GMA 950 +, Chrome S25, S27, and Gamma.

Upgrading Ram to 1-2 Gb would be a plus.

Yes Memory is very important in this factor.

And also once W7 is installed you may tweak it to use less resources if you are on a limited hardware machine.

Last edited:
Back