Question on Users

Under users I have a folder with the following name UPdatUser, all the sub folders are empty and the Icon for the User folder has locked symbol on it.
I am wondering what this is? It really takes no space, so just out of intellectual curiosity can it be deleted and what function does it serve?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Hey SuperSarge, good morning. Got this guy, when I updated my Nvidia Graphics Driver to the latest version. Wondered if this is what you might be talking about. See attachment.

Last edited:
Yes that is what I am referring to!!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Glad I could help? I think?
Interested in seeing how it behaves. As best I can find out it doesn't actually download and or install any updates but supposedly prompts you with a notification that updates are available. I guess we'll see.... I'm not going to remove it right now.

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
This is on the Nvidia site. I am still getting my updates through Microsoft, since this is not a new card. No new user yet.

It would be interesting to know who owns the user and what permissions it has...

I see the original Poster..thanks.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.