Question on Users

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Super Sarge, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Super Sarge

Super Sarge New Member

Under users I have a folder with the following name UPdatUser, all the sub folders are empty and the Icon for the User folder has locked symbol on it.
    I am wondering what this is? It really takes no space, so just out of intellectual curiosity can it be deleted and what function does it serve?

2. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

Hey SuperSarge, good morning. Got this guy, when I updated my Nvidia Graphics Driver to the latest version. Wondered if this is what you might be talking about. See attachment.

#2 Trouble, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  3. Super Sarge

Super Sarge New Member

Yes that is what I am referring to!!

4. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

Glad I could help? I think?
    Interested in seeing how it behaves. As best I can find out it doesn't actually download and or install any updates but supposedly prompts you with a notification that updates are available. I guess we'll see.... I'm not going to remove it right now.

5. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

This is on the Nvidia site. I am still getting my updates through Microsoft, since this is not a new card. No new user yet.

It would be interesting to know who owns the user and what permissions it has...

I see the original Poster..thanks.