Windows 7 Quick Launch

Woodbob

Honorable Member
:mad:Hi,

I think my last post was in the incorrect location..Sorrry if I'm double posting.

Drew,

Thanks for the Quick Launch, working fine.

However, I made a "Short Cut" icon from an excel file from a different hard drive and copied it to the desktop.

Then I dragged it to the new "Quick Launch" task bar all worked fine.

I then deleted the extra Icon on the desktop

However, when I click on the quick launch icon it would'nt start the excel program file and told me the file was in the
recycle bin and wanted to restor the icon to the desktop.

I did this and everything worked again.

Will this extra icon have to remain on the desktop for the quick launch to work?

Thanks

By the sounds of it you have made a "shortcut" of the desktop icon NOT the actual .exe file ;)
Try removing BOTH shortcuts what you'v just made and then goto your MAIN PROGRAMME what you want to add a shortcut of,
and then right click it and create a shortcut that way,
Then add the shortcut to your taskbar :)

sounds tricky/dificult but it isnt lmao :)

Hi,

You're 100% correct ! I corrcted the short cuts and all is fine. Time for me to get away from the keyboard
for awhile, making stupid errors!

Thanks again

Hi,

You're 100% correct ! I corrcted the short cuts and all is fine. Time for me to get away from the keyboard
for awhile, making stupid errors!

Thanks again

Tell me about it Woodbob mate,
i'v spent more time @ my comp this wek alone than i have all year LOL :)

Hi,

Thanks to all for your help.. I've only been using Win 7 ultimate - 64 bit for a couple of days.

Changed from Win. XP pro 64 bit

Thanks.. It wasn't easy giving up XP.. I never got into VISTA.

Do you know anythig about AI-Robo form? I have a dual boot system, Win XP Pro 32 Bit and now
Win7 - 64 bit.

My Roboform works fine under XP 32 bit but theydon't have anything yet for Win 7 - 64 bit, just wondering if you know
anything about Roboform and Win 7 - 64 Bit?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks, no problem. When I know I'm going to fill forms (passwords) with it I start the 32-bit XP.

Perhaps they'll get it working in 64-bit Win7... More and more people are going to the 64 bit
platform.

Thanks again

Bob

Back