Windows 7 RAM In Use?

Charger

I'm having a problem with my RAM where it only says 2.50GB is use able, I can't released the rest of it, here's a picture:

s16m1l.jpg

I did readyboost with a USB Flashdrive to see if it would restore the rest of my RAM and it stayed the same, I disabled Superfetch and no luck.

What's causing the problem?

Thanks.

With and x64 system, it would normally show 4 G available. Do you have shared video memory? Unless it has something to do with an AMD system.

If you run the resource monitor, open task manager, Performance tab, resource monitor at the bottom, it shows what is using the memory. Maybe you will see a problem there.

Here's a pic I took

t6b6ug.jpg

I noticed something called

MOM.exe had 40,000 commit.
PresentationFontCache.exe has 26,070 commit

WHich should I be focusing on? Virtual or Physical Memory? Shareable, Private memory?

It looks like useable memory is total minus hardware reserve. Your number is 1537 and mine is 771.

I am not sure yet what the Hardware reserved is exactly, unless maybe video memory, but that is the difference in our numbers. You can do a Google search for "Hardware Reserved Memory" and get several hits. The one I read the person had 4 gigs hardware reserved and swapped around his memory and got it back.

Thanks, I've also been looking around and the best possible solution I got was that my BIOS needs to be updated so I can enable Memory Remap. I'll search what you gave me.

Thanks, I've also been looking around and the best possible solution I got was that my BIOS needs to be updated so I can enable Memory Remap. I'll search what you gave me.

That was gonna be my suggestion..

Back
Top Bottom