RAM Upgrade

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Hardware' started by Rule34, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Rule34

Rule34 New Member

Im currently using 4GB of RAM ( 2x2GB ) in my Asus K52F notebook, Win7 SP1 x64 and would like to upgrade to 8GB of RAM DDR3. Can anyone recommend a brand that i should use and maybe even the brands to avoid.

I was thinking 2 x 4GB RAM, giving me a total of 8 .... any ideas or suggestions please ?

2. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

I've personally always had good luck with Crucial Memory for laptop upgrades;
    But I also really like G-Skill and it looks like you might be able to save a few bucks and get free shipping.
    It really depends are where you live as to what might be conviently available to you

3. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

4. Rule34

Rule34 New Member

Thanks Trouble and Kemical , I think i will take your advice and go with that. I did have a google around earlier and the prices on Crucial.com beat the rest hands down. £45GBP and free delivery in the UK seems good to me. I was looking at one site ( PC world UK) and they wanted £30GBP each.

Many thanks to you both.:victorious:

5. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

PC World are usually quite expensive for pretty much everything PC related. I usually order from here: Overclockers UK although I doubt they'll be able to beat Crucials prices.