Windows 7 Ram upgrade

rogervansteeden

After weeks of problems thinking my motherboard was faulty i finally found that one of my ram chips was faulty so i ordered new ram after discussion with Cricial technology and today i installed 2 gig of ram but now the BSOD says your Bios needs updating can anyone advise me how to do this please.

You will need to identify the make and model of your motherboard then download from their website.

They may not specifically mention memory problems. Generally speaking you are best just going for the most recent bios issued by the manufacturer for your mobo.

Is that happening both with and without the new ram stick in? You may have a problem with memory type or with the maximum capacity per slot.

When i contacted crucial they didnt have ther ballistix tracer ddr2 that i had and when i scanned my machine it gave about 11 different and the customer service said it was ok backwards compatable there is no problem with an extra i gig stick inserted its only when i try 4 gig my motherboard supports upto 8 gig so that shouldnt be an issue im using 64 bit operating system windows 7

There are recommended configurations - see the info in the attached extract from your motherboard manual.

Attachments

• ram.pdf
    499 KB · Views: 827
I repositioned the ram as in extract but same message bsod bios not acpi compliant.i have 2 ballistix tracer i gig modules and 2x1 gig 800 speed ram which i was advised to buy as ballistix tracer ddr2 was not available and i questioned are you sure that these are compatable and was advised that they are

Back