Windows 7 Random Bluescreens

gregmhr

Hi all,

Have googled this problem and found a couple posts on this forum which almost, but not quite, fixed my issues. I am getting occasional (once or twice a day) bluescreens. This is a brand new computer with windows 7. The blue screen usually happens while gaming (World of Warcraft at the moment) but I think it has happened at least once while idle.

Specs:
AMD Athlon II X4 2.8ghz
4gigs ram
ATI Radeon 4600

I have just upgraded the video drivers which cut down the number of blue screens significantly, but they are still occurring.

A couple of the event logs:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c000001d, 0xfffff8000287f227, 0xfffff88007da4110, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 012510-13447-01.
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xfffffffffffea175, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff960000d0ade, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 012510-14991-01.

I have tried looking at the .dmp minilogs, but they mean nothing to me. In case they are helpful, the 2 most recent are attached. Any suggestions for fixing or further troubleshooting are much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Greg

Attachments

• 012510-13447-01.txt
    269.1 KB · Views: 444
  • 012510-14991-01.txt
    269.1 KB · Views: 483
Have you checked the temperature ? Sometimes the thing needs to run with a fan or it needs cleaning. A malware check is a good idea, we don't interpret those here.

Could you check Device Manager for any yellow flags under any entry.

Did you download your graphic card drivers direct from ATI.

Here's the latest version:
Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

You can also goto Start >Run, and type eventvwr, expand the Windows logs section and look for entries with red flags.

Post back with the source and EventID

Hello Clestra, welcome back

I have tried looking at the .dmp minilogs, but they mean nothing to me. In case they are helpful, the 2 most recent are attached. Any suggestions for fixing or further troubleshooting are much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Greg

please can you zip and post the actual minidump files and we can run them through windows debugger ;)

debugger showed this a "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION"
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c000001d, fffff8000287f227, fffff88007da4110, 0}

Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!KiCommitThreadWait+3a7 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
and this "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" which showed in another bluescreen tool as atikmdag.sys (ATI driver) caused it ?
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffffffffffea175, 1, fffff960000d0ade, 0}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : hardware ( win32k!PostMessageExtended+25e )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
at this point it looks like hardware error but this driver needs updating
ASACPI.sys fffff880`03f19000 fffff880`03f21000 0x00008000 0x42476c4c 28/03/2005 02:30:36
this could be an ASUS chipset driver ??

could you please post motherboard make and model, your ram make and model and your power supply ?

ickymay,

Sorry, a bit off-topic........

If you don't mind, could you tell me the name of the program you use for viewing the .dmp files in more readable fomat?

ickymay,

Sorry, a bit off-topic........

If you don't mind, could you tell me the name of the program you use for viewing the .dmp files in more readable fomat?

I use windows debugger which is more accurate for the cause of the crash if it can get hold of the public symbols, and I use BlueScreenView for simpler info not necessarily as accurate but it list's all drivers with dates which makes it very useful :cool:

Thanks for the quick responses everyone.

1. I hadn't been monitoring the temperature, but I will start and update if it seems to be related. A quick google led me to CPUID, is that ok?

2. Nothing in device manager. I updated the ATI driver from their website a couple days ago (9.12) It did seem to reduce the number of crashes, but hasn't eliminated them completely.

3. At the time of the restart I see a Critical, source: Kernel-Power Event ID 41. followed by Error, Source: EventLog Event ID: 6008. Those are both after the computer has rebooted, there is nothing I can see from before it crashes.

4. Motherboard is ASUS PCIE X16 2.0. Ram is 2 sticks of PC2 6400 Platinum Edition. Power supply is Foxtech FX-500W-TV2

Thanks again for the support so far!

Edit: Just got CPUID running, and noticed that the -12V line is reading at -6V, and the -5V line is reading at -8.5V. Not sure if this is an issue at all, but seemed odd to me so I thought I'd mention it as well.

Thanks for the quick responses everyone.

1. I hadn't been monitoring the temperature, but I will start and update if it seems to be related. A quick google led me to CPUID, is that ok?

2. Nothing in device manager. I updated the ATI driver from their website a couple days ago (9.12) It did seem to reduce the number of crashes, but hasn't eliminated them completely.

3. At the time of the restart I see a Critical, source: Kernel-Power Event ID 41. followed by Error, Source: EventLog Event ID: 6008. Those are both after the computer has rebooted, there is nothing I can see from before it crashes.

4. Motherboard is ASUS PCIE X16 2.0. Ram is 2 sticks of PC2 6400 Platinum Edition. Power supply is Foxtech FX-500W-TV2

Thanks again for the support so far!

Edit: Just got CPUID running, and noticed that the -12V line is reading at -6V, and the -5V line is reading at -8.5V. Not sure if this is an issue at all, but seemed odd to me so I thought I'd mention it as well.

these BSOD could easily be your PSU ?

keep an eye on the voltages, if the 12v drops you can get ram errors and crash etc ...

Back
Top Bottom