Windows 7 Random BSOD for the past several months

Jeremy Hellpop

About 4 months ago I made several changes to my computer, upgrading the motherboard, CPU and graphics card. Ever since then I've gotten frequent BSODs. Sometimes I get them repeatedly, other times I'll go days without any problems.

I've tried updating all the drivers I can, with no luck. Any help is appreciated. I've attached the most recent .dmp files.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    104.4 KB · Views: 232
I've attached the CPU-Z screenshots. Also uninstalled Damon and SPTD. Thanks again.

Attachments

• CPU-Z screenshots.jpg
    CPU-Z screenshots.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 412
You didn't post the memory tab at all, but yep, you needed to remove DT/SPTD. So I can't say if your RAM is an issue yet or not.

Sure thing, you're welcome.

Looks good. It's underclocked in that screen shot but when you do something that needs computing power, it raises to its nominal frequency. Normal, standard operation and all is well. The machine should be fine now. Enjoy.

Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem, and it seems to be happening more frequently. Do you think it's a RAM problem? I haven't upgraded the memory in quite awhile, so wondering if I just need to swap the chis out for a couple of new ones.

Attach your most recent crash dumps so we can see your progress, if DT was removed or not.

Update Atheros Wireless:

Code:
athrx.sys    Mon Oct 05 12:33:57 2009
Driver for Atheros CB42/CB43/MB42/MB43 Network Adapter

Check the hardware clocks as this is most likely the case.

RAM is defective and needs to be entirely replaced with a new matching set.

This is the conclusive proof:

Code:
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x1E_c0000005

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME:  msseces.exe

Good luck with the RMA or new hardware purchase.

Thanks, that's pretty much what I was suspecting. The RAM is the one thing I haven't upgraded in the last 6 months or so (it's been several years, actually), so it's long overdue.

Thanks everyone who replied! Glad I found this forum!

Back
Top Bottom