Windows 7 random bsod

anthony d

OK i get a random bsod about once a week i thought it might be a hard ware issue but after monitoring my drivers and temperatures i found that everything was up to date ad running cool so now im turning to you guys

windows 7 ultimate

8gb ram

64bit system

amd fx 8150 eight core processor 3.60ghz

no over clocks

fully up to date

Attachments

• minidumps.zip
    123.2 KB · Views: 215
  • RAMMon - SPD Info.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 193
  • screens.zip
    489.9 KB · Views: 257
  • W7F_10-08-2013.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 362
Start by updating this driver
Rt64win7.sys 10/25/2012 from here http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...d=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false (labeled Win7 and WinServer 2008 R2 Driver 7.073 2013/8/1 869k)
See if that helps. If not zip and attach new dump files to your next post

Additionally you have another couple older drivers that you may want to consider updating.

viamrx64.sys 3/19/2007 you can check here for a potential update http://www.via.com.tw/en/support/drivers.jsp
http://www.via.com.tw/en/support/drivers.jsp
and a couple system drivers that seem to be associated with Acronis True Image

tifsfilt.sys 8/29/2007 and timntr.sys 8/29/2007 these are from what I would guess are a old version of Acronis... consider upgrading to the latest version.

And MtiCtwl.sys 11/4/2008 there are a couple links here that may help updating http://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=MTictwl.sys

And lastly you are operating with a rather old version of your System BIOS firmware specifically
Code:
BiosVendor = Award Software International, Inc.
BiosVersion = F3
BiosReleaseDate = 07/09/2012
SystemManufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
SystemProductName = GA-970A-DS3
SystemFamily =
SystemVersion =
SystemSKU =
BaseBoardManufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
BaseBoardProduct = GA-970A-DS3
Consider an update from here http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4122&dl=#bios
Make sure that you double check and confirm that the link I provided is specific for your particular Motherboard including the exact Revision Number.

Last edited:
some of these driver are for products i dont even own the via raid driver is for a pci card i uninstalled can i just remove it.. as for the acronis ive never own that so i dont no how i have a driver for it its a pay to download program so can that not just be removed too

you can likely find them in
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
so if you are certain that they are no longer applicable then you can just change their file extension from .sys to .OLD.
Much easier to revert if something unexpected happens.
Your Blue Screens looked suspiciously like there was some network involvement that is why I wanted to start with the RealTek driver.

ok ive updated the bios at great risk and difficulty on my part took me a long time to figure out why it was giving my missing bootmgr error but it turned out that the bios had reset which drive was the master drive and for some reason it couldn't find the right one #i have six, ive updated everything u said and removed the defunct drivers so now we play the waiting game

ok after update the bios it caused some sort of boot error after a exhaustive search for a solution i gave up and reformatted my hdd. but after a few days the bsod returned also could you link to the programs i need for the data collection to send to you guys again obviously i lost them in the format tried a scfc scannow to check for issues gave me this

Last edited:
here is the stuff u need the cpu z stuff is the same as i couldn't update the bios cause it messed my pc up and forced me to reformatt

Attachments

• W7F_19-08-2013.zip
    469.4 KB · Views: 323
  • RAMMon - SPD Info (2).zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 210
also im now getting a bsod that isnt even showing up on bluescreenview its so fast i cant even tell you the error it just bsod's then my pc reboots it doesn't collect data or make a mini dump ... atampted a sfc scannow this was the result

Attachments

• CBS.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Congrats.... if Blue Screens persist after that BIOS update, let us know and attach them to your next post.
Regards
Randy

did you even read previous post your advice so far has only made things worse. ive gone frome a bsod maybe once a week. to not even being able to run a vidoe converter without causing a bsod, and there so severe that the bsod error comes up but then my pc just restarts before it can even dump the data i get about 1/2 a second from bsod to reboot and there no mini dump. i have sfc scannow telling me there errors ity cant fix, i got an auto clcker i cant run cause that causes a bsod. i get a bsod any time i stress the dam pc. ur great idea of updating the bios ment i had to reformatt and lose files and after a little research of my own i found that gigabyte had a program that updates it for you properly wich i ran but it still hasnt fixed it you have only made my pc worse and now its bare usable gimme a dame solution based on the files ive uploaded atleast get me back to were i was. this is getting rediculous

Wow.... your gratitude is truly humbling.
Nothing I have suggested to date, is responsible for your problems. Your PC was already having BSODs and that is what brought you to this forum. The fact that they are worsening may be indicative of those issues that brought you here in the first place.
The link that I included for your BIOS update include information regarding the risk
Warning:
Because BIOS flashing is potentially risky, if you do not encounter problems using the current version of BIOS, it is recommended that you not flash the BIOS. To flash the BIOS, do it with caution. Inadequate BIOS flashing may result in system malfunction.
It also included a link to the two BIOS Flash Utilities that the manufacturer provides for that purpose http://www.gigabyte.com/webpage/20/HowToReflashBIOS.html along with a PDF User guide for both. The fact that you didn't perform your own due diligence is not my fault.

Going forward I am not sure how much I want to continue to help, as you seem to want to hold me personally responsible for your issues. You do understand that I am a volunteer and am not being paid for anything, especially not by you.

Since neither CPUz nor RAMMon reports the actual manufacturer of your memory my immediate suggestion would be to first check that it is included on the Motherboard Manufacturer's list of supported memory http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4122#memory support list and if it is not, acquire some that is.

IF you would like you can test your existing memory with
Download Memtest86+ from this location here. Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD from a cold boot after leaving it off for an hour or more.

Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Perform the test RAM sticks individually as well as all possible combinations. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.

See this Guide to using Memtest 86+

its not that im holding u responsible im jsut stresed ive had the random bsod about once a fortnight for about 6 months and ive allways been able to use my pc as normal but since i started atemnpteing repairs it has worsened i can no longer use my pc for anything that would stress it, i have had about enough of the dam thing so i have ordered a new blank mother board as i belive this to be an error with the bord itself as ive tried difrent ram cards and it still does it ive tried formatting and it still does and reset my cmos and bios and still does it so after all this i think its a hardware issue like u said, i dont mean to be nasty its just im autistic i have aspergers syndrome and my pc is my only connection to the world, not to sound sad but my pc is my life. without it i am lost so wen it suffers i suffer. after the new board arrive i will perform a clean install of everything, start from scratch, i will get back tooyu in a day or too with any luck the issue will have been resolved thanks for your p[atience with me

If you are planning on keeping the same components (hard drive, memory, etc.,)
Then I would still recommend testing both while you're waiting for your new motherboard.
Do the Memtest86+ that I linked above and since that is independent of the OS it should not result in any Blue Screens as you'll be booting from the CD.
Additionally you can use the native Check Disk utility first and then check your Hard Drive Manufacturer's website and see what they may have regarding their own proprietary software for examining their hard drives. There's a list of some here http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287#hitachi

Back