Windows 7 Random BSOD

laughmaster

I have been having real bad random BSOD when I had vista, so I installed windows 7 ult. However I am still having the same random BSODs. But it runs fine in safemode, I would saty like that but I can not play some games and have no sound so I would like to get to the bottom of this. But I am not sure where to start. I did disable the video and audio drivers in system manager but got the BSOD again. I am not sure where else to start. But lie I said, things run fine in safe mode. Thank you for any advice you can give me in this matter.

Oh I forgot, I also thought it might have been the built in network adapter so I installed one. But still got the errors. I know BSOD dumps a text file but I do not know where.

laughmaster:
Hello and welcome to the forums.
You need to read the following three sticky threads at the root of the BSODforum.
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem we'll need thecontents of your C:\Windows\minidump folder or at least a few of your mostrecent .dmp files. Create a new folder on you desktop and copy and paste themthere.
SF Diagnostic Tool - Collect files requires to TroubleshootBSOD download the tool and right click it and choose run as administrator.
Important! Every thread starter please see. follow theinstruction for CPU-z include SPD tab snips for all populated slots and export the html report from RAMMon to the new folder on your desktop.
Once you've acumulated the information place everything into the new folder onyour desktop, right click it and choose send to "Compressed Folder",then attach that to your next post.
Any thing further, please ask.
Regards
Randy

OK I am back. First I downloaded CPUZ but there is nothing listed in the spd or memory areas except the size and that is listed as 2048 so I see no reason to include the screen shots of that. But I think I have everything else I need. I am attaching the zipped file like I was told to.View attachment Seven Forums.zip

I hope i did everything right and I look forward to hearing from any of you.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

You don't seem to have service pack 1 installed. Can you install that and then do a windows update please. while you do that I'll look through your .dmp files :)

Could you install Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the forum.

You don't seem to have service pack 1 installed. Can you install that and then do a windows update please. while you do that I'll look through your .dmp files :)

Could you install Link Removed due to 404 Error

OK going to download both and install. Hope I can do this all in safe mode since regular mode is so unstable for me.

I installed the security thing but can not install SP1 because I keep getting BSOD during install. Any tips?

Sure thing. The last dump file is attatched. Just wish I knew what to open it with to view it. Bet I could not read it anyways. I am pretty good with computers, but when it comes to the BSOD I am lost.View attachment 080311-66971-01.dmp

Thanks again ahead of time and for all the help you have given so far.

Can you get Temperature readings from your P4? The last bsod was a stop 0x7F_8 which is a Processor error. A couple of question is the P4 overclocked at all? Could you also supply the make and model of your motherboard please.

Just wish I knew what to open it with to view it

WinDbg the microsoft windows debugger from the windows 7 SDK :)

No, not overclocked. I have never had a reason to do that.Motherboard is biostar p4m900-m4 if memory serves me correctly. What program can I use to get the temp. I only know that I can view the temp in bios and that would be under no load so I figure you want it from a windows load.

Sure thing. The last dump file is attatched. Just wish I knew what to open it with to view it. Bet I could not read it anyways. I am pretty good with computers, but when it comes to the BSOD I am lost.View attachment 15735

Thanks again ahead of time and for all the help you have given so far.

Just a passing thought or two.

You need to update this driver e100b325.sys.

How To Find Drivers:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

You might well fix the problem by updating to SP-1

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. It took me a while to figure out that the temp program would not run in safe mode and then getting the computer to run in regular mode long enough to get the temps. The temps are as follows.

CPU 172-192 f
Hard drive 112 f
Video 130s f

These are all temps that are under basically no lode what so ever. Just windows running with weatherbug and the temp program.

I will now go look into what you said in your post since I have not read it completely yet. But I can not run SP1 setup long enough to install it since I can not run it in safe mode.

Thank you for all your help you have been giving.

Looking at your temps their too hot at 192F/89c

Can you check your cooling as those temperatures are smoe whaat on the hot side. Just to clarify was the computer mostly idle at those temps?
I found this post on another forum

The Intel HSF is pretty good - I've got a 3.0 @ stock and it idles about 37c and loads around 50c, not great but not too bad.
If you can mantain an ambient case temperature of around 30c then there should be no problem, should be easy with all those 40mm fans on that fatal1ty ;)
Temps around the high 60s and into the 70s on the cpu I'm sure would cause some throttling under load. Around 80-85c it would shut down.

All credit goes to j1mbo on the computing.net forum.

Yes that was mostly idle temps. I now have some thermal paste on order. It seemed really high to me but i never thought about the temps before. Case temp should be OK, around 85F. I have 3 fans and then the power supply fan too. I think this thread can go idle a bit until the paste arrives around Monday or Tuesday. Thank you for your help and I will report back when I have the paste applied.

Back