Windows 7 Random BSoD's

grayatrox

Hi, as my title suggests, I have been randomly getting BSoD's. Most times they occour on the login screen, or a few minuites after login, and a few times after it has been running for several hours, Infact this is the second time I have written this.

My system specs are:

Version: 6.1.7600 Build 7600

Computer Model: Custom Built
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-M51GM-S2G (rev. 1.0)
CPU: AMD Athlon 6000+ AM2
RAM: 4GB
Hard Drive: 500GB Seagate, 1TB Seagate, 250GB WesternDigital (IDE), 250GB Seagate (main)
Graphics Card: Nvidia GTS 250
Firewall/Antivirus: ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
Other OS’s on the Computer: Vista Ultimate (x84), XP Pro (x84)
Software Installed(in order of installation): iTunes, Xfire, Firefox, Steam, Windows Live Messenger/Mail, RealVnc (installed after BSoD's started)

I would post the BSoD logs, but I am unsure where to find them.

I am about to reinstall, posting here is a last ditch effort before I do.

EDIT: I have no problems with my other operating systems, so I am 99.99% sure that it is not hardware related, and I have downloaded all the recent drivers.

Last edited:
go into the event viewer just search for event viewer in start menu it takes a little while to load then under adminstrative events find critical errors find the error and post what it says.

The exported xml file looks messy, so I have uploaded the exported eventlog since this site wouldn't let me attach it.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
I dont think that is it when you click the critical error it should bring up the info about it you need to find the stop code and then check this website to see what it means Bsod Error & It's Causes hope this helps

Looks like there is an update, but I hate playing with BIOS drivers, and I don't have the money to replace my mobo if everything goes sour. I am an IT student at University, I kinda need my pc, and don't want to have to work solely off my laptop, which runs Windows 7 perfectly btw.

I will give it a crack later on this weekend, I have assingments and things to do. (And when a computer shop is open if something does go wrong)

Edit: I couldn't wait any longer, so tried updating the BIOS, and followed along the path that it could be power related, I stopped Windows from turning off devices, yet it still BSoD's. I will reinstall tomorrow.

Last edited:
Well I have reinstalled Windows, But the BSoD's didn't stop.

It turns out that it was ZoneAlarm causing the BSoD, which I am unhappy about but there is nothing I can do about it.

If anyone has any suggessstions as to which security software I should install in until the next ZoneAlarm update....

Back
Top Bottom