Windows 7 Random Crashes

AcidXbeaR

Hello everyone,
I have been having random crashes which result in a BSOD for the last two months or so. Unfortunately reformatting and even removing an old hard drive I added a few months back has not solved the problem. I came across a video on youtube which lead me here. I unfortunately lack the intelligence and know how to look at these files so figured I would see if I could receive help from those of you who know how. My system specifications are as follows. I have run SF Diagnostic Tool, DXDiag, and zipped the minidump file. I put all of those into one .rar file for easy access. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated:). I have added more minidump files. View attachment SevenForumsutilityreport.rar

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 955 76 °C
Deneb 45nm Technology
RAM
4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A78T-E (AM3) 64 °C
Graphics
SMBX2235 (1920x1080@60Hz)
1024MB GeForce GTX 460 (EVGA) 53 °C
Hard Drives
625GB Western Digital WDC WD6400AAKS-65A7B2 ATA Device (SATA) 38 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50 ATA Device
Audio
High Definition Audio Device

Attachments

• 041912-49343-01.rar
    237.8 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Not sure what exactly has you convinced that the issue is with your hard disk drive.
Have you run the native chkdsk utility, if so what information did it provide. Did you run a vendor specific hard drive diagnostics from your hard drive manufacturer's website? If so what information did it provide.
You have some old drivers which you need to address.
ASACPI.sys 3/27/2005 get it here ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE expand utilities and get the 12th one down labeled ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Win7 32&64-bit. There may be an even newer one if you know the specifics of your particular board you can check with the vendor's website, but that one should work for now.
LVUSBS64.sys 5/9/2007
lv302a64.sys 5/9/2007
LV302V64.SYS 5/9/2007 apparently all three associated with a Logitech Camera or Qcam software Logitech - Support & Software Downloads Update it or uninstall it and disconnect the camera.
L1E62x64.sys 6/11/2009 Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller and since your two most recent BSODs seem to involve tcpip.sys and netio.sys I would suggest getting this updated as soon as possible determine which adapter you are actually using and then update it from here ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows (Atheros?????)
Also double check with your motherboard manufacturer's website and see what they may have in the way of a BIOS update for your specific board that might address any issues with Windows 7. Your current version 1604 6/5/2009 is not ancient but it is pre-Windows 7 RTM, so it might be worth checking into.
Regards
Randy

Thank you Randy,
My theory on the hard drive resulted from removing an older hard drive and keeping the original onboard. I failed to mention my PC is custom built. I did run the CHKDSK utility and have done so several times but never with any negative result, as well as the memory diagnostic which resulted the same. I have never run anything from Western Digital period so should I attempt to after updating the drivers which you have listed? Again I appreciate the help you have offered. :)

I found which Atheros driver it is I need via Windows Update - Asus says it's the Atheros® L1E Gigabit LAN controller featuring AI NET 2 so I'm currently using google to find the correct driver to be sure.

Last edited:
Back