Windows 7 Random restarts

unhomme

Hi!

I have a trouble with self built PC. It just randomly reboots every few days with seemingly no visible clue to what causes it. All minidumps show the same error: BugCheckCode 0x3B, probably caused by win32k.sys and something to do with xxxWindowEvent+327.

I have tried more conservative BIOS settings, upgrade BIOS and chipset, RAID and graphics drivers. Still no luck. After initial building the machine successfully endured few hours of Prime95 stresstesting with more tight memory timings than what is in use now. Unfortunately I haven't had opportunity to repeat the tests later (it's not my own computer). Everyday use of the machine is coding, compiling, office programs.

PC: AMD X4 965, Asus M4A88TD-V EVO-USB3, Corsair DDR3 1600 CL7, Corsair Force60 SSD + 2 x WD HDD in RAID 1, Corsair 400W power supply.

There is some software installed that I think could be considered suspicious (for mobile phone connectivity and possibly more) but as far as I've been told the first restarts occured before these were installed.

I'm grateful if you could give me some additional pointers by analyzing the minidumps. Thanks!

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    274.4 KB · Views: 242
Hello and welcome.

1) Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and delete this then reboot:

PxHlpa64 PxHlpa64.sys Fri Feb 02 16:24:22 2007

2) Update Realtek lan driver:

Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Mon Mar 22 05:57:14 2010

RTL8111

3) Uninstall AMD Overdrive.

4) Update video card driver:

atikmdag atikmdag.sys Tue Aug 03 21:39:08 2010

ATI

5) If issues persist, post a screen shot of CPU-Z memory and spd tabs. Also uninstall VirtualBox completely.

Your psu may be too weak for your system, which is fairly likely at only 400W.

Back