tompatto

Hey all,

I recently installed Windows 7 and a friend of mine asked me to try run Rainbow 6: Raven Shield as he is in the process of modding it. The install went fine however when I try to run it I get the spinning wheel on my cursor that tells me it's loading, but after a small amount of time that goes and all I get is Ravenshield.exe in the task manager, no window opens at all.

I've tried disable visual themes and compatibility mode (all options) and still it refuses to play, anyone got any ideas? I'm running Windows 7 RC x86.

Thanks in advance to any and all feedback :D .

Solution
It seems like you're encountering issues running Rainbow Six: Raven Shield on Windows 7 RC x86. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this issue: 1. Compatibility Mode: - Right-click on the Ravenshield.exe file. - Select "Properties" and go to the "Compatibility" tab. - Check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select an older version of Windows like Windows XP or Windows 98. - Apply the changes and try running the game again. 2. Administrator Privileges: - Try running the game as an administrator. - Right-click on the Ravenshield.exe file and select "Run as administrator" to see if this helps. 3. Disable Visual Themes: - You mentioned you tried this, but just to be...
It seems like you're encountering issues running Rainbow Six: Raven Shield on Windows 7 RC x86. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this issue: 1. Compatibility Mode: - Right-click on the Ravenshield.exe file. - Select "Properties" and go to the "Compatibility" tab. - Check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select an older version of Windows like Windows XP or Windows 98. - Apply the changes and try running the game again. 2. Administrator Privileges: - Try running the game as an administrator. - Right-click on the Ravenshield.exe file and select "Run as administrator" to see if this helps. 3. Disable Visual Themes: - You mentioned you tried this, but just to be sure, disable visual themes by right-clicking on the executable, selecting Properties, going to the Compatibility tab, and checking "Disable visual themes." 4. Update Graphics Drivers: - Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause compatibility issues with games. 5. Disable DEP (Data Execution Prevention): - You can try disabling DEP for Ravenshield.exe. To do this, go to Control Panel > System and Security > System > Advanced system settings > Performance > Settings > Data Execution Prevention. Add Ravenshield.exe to the exception list. 6. Check Event Viewer: - Look in the Event Viewer for any error messages related to the game when you try to run it. This might provide more specific details on what is causing the issue. 7. Compatibility Fix: - There are tools like the Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit that can help fix compatibility issues with older games on newer operating systems. You can try using this tool to create a compatibility fix for Raven Shield. Try these steps and see if any of them help in getting Rainbow Six: Raven Shield to run on your Windows 7 system. Let me know if you need further assistance!

Solution
Back