Windows 7 Razer Tron keyboard problem

Hemulen

Hello!

I'm having some wierd issues with my Razer Tron keyboard.
Whenever I plug it in and start pressing keys (seems like it starts when pressing the space-button) it starts acting wierd like Im holding the CTRL button in.

So, whenever I click links in my browser it launches in a new tab etc. And when writing in commands it (and if I for instant type L) the save box launches.
Tried reinstalling the drivers, tried without drivers and different USB's.

If I plug it in someone elses PC it works like a charm.
Whats wrong? :(

EDIT: The problem starts ONLY when pressing the space button, and continues (even if I change keyboard) till I log out and back in.

Still, the keyboard runs smooth (even when pressing space) on other computers.

I had a Razer keyboard....Lycosa, I had nothing but problems with it wanting to open wmp all the time. Exchange the keyboard twice and still had problem. Followed some online tweaks about a screw causing the issue so removed that...still had it. Finally I went to the source...Razer...and they informed me that there was a bad batch of those keyboards that came off the assemble line, there was a lot of info on it...Razer offered to exchange it for me. I just took it back to retail store and exchanged it for a Logitech G510. They were tired of seeing me...lol. I told them the story and 2 days later all 10 of those keyboards they had were off the shelf... coincidence or not...who knows.

Moral; research said hardware before purchasing and if there is a problem go straight to the manufacturer.

Note: I did like that keyboard, and would give the Razer brand another go...

Just in case it may be something else, did you load those keyboard drivers on the other system you tested? Have you tried changing USB ports?

Maybe try another keyboard to pin down any possible problems.

The Ease of Access center has some options for keyboards, like sticky keys and filter keys, you might check for those.

In control panel, there may be a setting in Keyboards for certain keys. Perhaps make sure your keyboard is being recognized as the correct type and no special keys relevant to your situation are assigned.

Oh, and if you have been using it for a while, make sure and turn it over and gently tap to remove any debris.

Last edited:
Just in case it may be something else, did you load those keyboard drivers on the other system you tested? Have you tried changing USB ports?

Maybe try another keyboard to pin down any possible problems.

The Ease of Access center has some options for keyboards, like sticky keys and filter keys, you might check for those.

In control panel, there may be a setting in Keyboards for certain keys. Perhaps make sure your keyboard is being recognized as the correct type and no special keys relevant to your situation are assigned.

Oh, and if you have been using it for a while, make sure and turn it over and gently tap to remove any debris.

Other keyboards work, its just my Razer Tron. Tried several different USB-ports too.
Havent been using it for a long time either, becuase it happend some days after purchase. Tried several different options in the control panel too.

Mark: The keyboard works just fine with other computers; its only my computer that acts wierd with the keyboard.
The keyboard keys works just fine until I press the "space" button. Pressing the space button again wont get rid of the problem, and I either have to log out and then back in or restart my computer.

I'm having the exact same problem, it started just after a windows update, had to change my keyboard in order to log on my computer.
If this problem has been resolved, would you be kind enough to share the solution pls ?

Thanks a lot ! : )

Back