Windows 7 RC Release

Exactly what Loathe said! :)

All of these leaked builds are just daily/interim builds that hold no real drastic changes at all.. Small improvements in speed and overall performance coupled with a larger driver database are all they bring to the table so far.. In my opinion it is a waste of time and bandwitdh to download them.. As loathe said, the RC works perfectly fine and I would also recommend sticking with it until the Retail Version shows it's face.. ;) The RTM will be released (NOT TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC) very soon and the Final Retail version of Windows 7 will be released on October 22nd, 2009.. :)

The RC is still available at the Microsoft Windows 7 site and will be at least through July and doesn't expire until March 2010...

Yeah I was just curious about that. Will future RC builds be available in Windows Updates or will I need to reformat?

The next public release of 7 will be when you see it on the shelves mate. There may be minor updates through Windows update at some stage, there may not be too.

Yeah I was just curious about that. Will future RC builds be available in Windows Updates or will I need to reformat?

There will be no future RC builds my friend.. Build 7100 IS the RC, period.. :) The leaked builds are from the RTM branch and SP1 branch.. ;)

Back