Re-use Product Key

Hey,

Im buying Windows 7 Home Premium E to clean install over my vista. But if i wanted to go back to vista for a while by using the factory reset on my laptop could i reinstall 7 again.

So like i install 7 once. Reinstall vista over that. Then install 7 again. Will the product key still work or do i need a new licence since they key has been used. Will it activate since its the same pc or will it not.

Please i want to know before pre-ordering.

Thank you,

SIW2

It will activate again on the same PC.

Can i just ask how come. Is the product key linked to my whole computer?

loathe

It will activate again on the same PC.
It may not. I know with Vista if you had this problem you just have to use the automated phone system. Its quick and easy. I only assume this will be the same for 7.

I've used the same product key for Win 7 RC on two different PCs and both activated. No problem.

So like i install 7 once. Reinstall vista over that. Then install 7 again. Will the product key still work or do i need a new licence since they key has been used. Will it activate since its the same pc or will it not.

Please i want to know before pre-ordering.
Hmm ... why going around in circles like that, what for? If your 7 doesn't reactivate online, you can use phone.

loathe

I've used the same product key for Win 7 RC on two different PCs and both activated. No problem.
Thats the idea with the free RC keys. You will not be able to do this with retail keys.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.