Windows 7 Reading email

sparks

OS = Windows 7 Home 64 bit
When I try to open an email in Windows Explorer it opens with "Word Pad." not in "Windows Live Mail" mode
I know how to change how a file opens and wish to open an ".eml" file so that it looks just like when I read a email in windows live mail.

I don't know the and can't find name of the program to open the email
Any one know the name of the program to read the email file?

I don't know why the association would nit be created by default.

When you right-click on the email, hit the Shift key an you should get a Open With entry on the context menu.

Scroll to the executable for Windows Mail and select that exe file

Check the box to use this program to open this file type.

Still Looking

I don't know why the association would nit be created by default.

When you right-click on the email, hit the Shift key an you should get a Open With entry on the context menu.

Scroll to the executable for Windows Mail and select that exe file

Check the box to use this program to open this file type.

I have done that. It did not nelp. I even tried to manually install "Wlmail.exe" as the default program. All that did was when I was in Outlook Express and tried to open a ".eml" file. I opened "Windows Live Mail."

Do you know of any other program that will read an email without all the other headers etc?

I don't use Windows Live Mail, so I don;y that that much about it.

What is the 3-letter extension used by the program.

And don't they just open in the program itself?

.eml

I don't use Windows Live Mail, so I don;y that that much about it.

What is the 3-letter extension used by the program.

And don't they just open in the program itself?

The 3-letter extension is .eml

Do you know of any other program that will read an email without all the other headers etc?

Have you looked through all the options in the Windows Mail program for a way to remove the headers from displaying?

Here's what's supposed to happen whenever you double click a file with a .eml extension. First the Windows Live Mail splash screen displays then the message comes up in a message window. The rest of the program doesn't display. I've never seen it happen any other way.

I wish I could tell you what is wrong.

I think i fully understand what you mean now.

I should of wrote Windows Explorer

The message displays properly in Live Mail, but if you save the file to the hard drive and try to open it, the box pops up asking what program to use to open this file.

I just saved an e-mail from Thunderbird to the hard drive and tried to open It. Same thing, box popped up again asking what program to use.

My extension is also .eml

I know in Outlook Express and possibly Windows mail, double-clicking on a .eml on the hard drive would open the email in a smaller window.

Am I correct so far?

Back
Top Bottom