Windows 7 Ready Boost??

rickory

Extraordinary Member
I am using a 2gig stick ready boost certified yet the cpu processing increases for about 4min. after start-up between 4 and 20 % then relaxes to the normal 2-4%. Also ram percentage increased to 47%. Normal would be 41%.
I would think neither of these two things would happen! Any comments?:confused:

Sounds like 'Superfetch' is doing it's thing... I shouldn't worry about it...

Thanks. The CPU usage I can understand. The use of more Ram(when I just added more) I can not. It's like a car using more gas because the tank is full! No matter. Thanks Again.

Hmmm.... Well it's actually quite logical when you think about it.. Superfetch places your most used apps in the memory for instant use and if you've added more memory then it will use more to this effect..

No SP1.I have been too concerned with all the issues I see reported after install.I think it's better to wait until the release has gone thru a longer debug process. Agree??

Hi, if you apply the 'standalone' version the process is easier and very worth it. The link is in this forum, under 'Support'.

Well I'm not concerned about the SP 1 install process but the unpredictable impact on the system after the fact. I see lost features,Drivers,function, re-installs...... As I see it at this point the risk is greater then the reward.Think I'll wait a few weeks. Thanks for the advice.

I was just refering to installing SP1 as a matter of course... It's easier using the 'Standalone version' as you don't have to have the required updates first (as they're included). I think SP1 at the last count had around 500 fixes, the kernal is rewritten and file loading/copying is faster. Also if you run an ATI card SP1 provides support for Direct X 10.1 (although no games currently support this apart from Assassins Creed )
When I reformat I first install vista and then the service pack. I do this before I put any drivers on ect as I think it's the best way to apply service packs... Especially how this one rewrites the kernal some-what..

I just got finished reloading Vista with a complete SP1, not the one of the Windows update. Makes like you say a world of difference. And you bet I am very happy with the great results it produced. Again millions of kudo's your way!!!!

Well I must say that it's with tried and true tips like these, that running Vista is a real pleasure. And I suspect that there many things that one could do with their Vista operating system, that they have never even though about doing. So as they say we all must keep forging ahead in our learning experience to continue to go (where no man as gone before). Gee, I wonder where I picked up that last line? Must be from Star Trek.

One of my favourite programs! Especially Deep Space 9 or Voyager... I wish they would bring out a game worthy of the franchise but non so far have hit the mark..

So right you are. I have been wishing for something like that only to be constantly disappointed. But, there must be a reason for this disappointment and my guess would indicate that someone for some reason is just not going to allow it. Why, I suspect that it violates some priviledge or something that they enjoy by owning the rights or something like that to the tv shows and movies.

Back