Real Time Priority not working for win7?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by thanhla, Feb 13, 2010.

1. thanhla

thanhla New Member

After I installed window 7 and try to use realtime priority for taskmanager for my games, it just lag my game and freeze my game.
    But when I had vista and use it, my game went smooth and stuff. But for window 7 it lag me and freezes it.
    Is there any ways I can fix this?

2. cybercore

cybercore New Member

Real-time priority is reserved for priority execution above drivers. So, if a driver or a system process needs to do something critical urgently and can't get cpu time, you get the freezing.

3. thanhla

thanhla New Member

so how will I do that then? because i did it on vista and it should work on win 7 now too is there any thing i need to set up?

4. cybercore

cybercore New Member

7 Drivers are different from Vista's, so are a number of 7 API's and system processes. This is why you can have different behaviors in Vista and 7.

It is all up to you if you wish to change priorities, but I don't recommend you do this for the following reasons:

1. Realtime priority won't boost your game really
    2. Software and game developers pre-set the rightt priority for their softwares

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several hours ago I tried the realtime priority for Call of Duty 4 MW 2 and for Mirror's Edge - it did work fine on my 7, felt the same speed as default priority. But it may not work the same way for all games and hardwares.

5. thanhla

thanhla New Member

I know but I just want to play it on real time like i always do on vista but now I cant do that anymore after I installed window 7.

So Theres no way I can change my game into real time without lagging the game?