Windows 7 Reboot from an enexpected error

ccbob

Premium Supporter
When I connect to the desktop computer from a remote laptop everything is working nicely but when I close remote connection it seems to cause the host computer to reboot due to some unknown error. I get a program dump file in the Windows Directory, Program Dump.dmp but cannot view this file with anything I can find.

You need the WinDebug Toolkit to view the *.dmp files. Have you got anything in your C:\Windows\Minidump folder?

If so zip them up and attach to a post. Someone will take a look for you. (If i've got this right the ProgramDump.dmp files are huge in comparison to Minidumps).

Last edited:
Thanks Elmer. I have located the files in the Minidump folder and created a file in .zip format which I am attaching. I attemptd to use the WinDeBug Toolkit but could not figure out how to get it to work.View attachment Minidump.zip

Last edited:
TorrentG will be along sooner or later (USofA). He's ye man!
I'm trying to learn about these minidumps and getting the DeBug tools was the easy bit!! Sometimes wonder why I punish meself so much!!

X64_0x50_win32k!DrvCloseLocalGraphicsDevices+5f

Uninstall AVG:

AVG Worldwide - Download tools

2. Install MSE:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

3. Update:

atikmdag.sys Tue May 04 21:41:02 2010
ATI driver

lmimirr.sys Tue Apr 10 18:32:45 2007
LogMeIn

hotcore3.sys Fri Mar 20 06:35:11 2009
Pargon Hotbackup

mv91cons.sys Tue Sep 22 17:36:37 2009
Marvell 6G SATA Controller

point64k.sys Fri May 08 04:53:29 2009
Microsoft IntelliPoint

4. You have both Paragon Hotbackup and Acronis Try&Decide - not sure if they are working well together.

Back