Recent items in Jump Lists; disabled

aka

Honorable Member
In the Customize Start Menu dialog, the "Number of recent items to display in Jump Lists:" is grayed out. (see attached image)
How do I enable this? I'm sure it's something I caused, but I can't figured out what I've done. :confused:

Thanks

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Hi aka,
have you tried clicking 'use default settings' found in the same area?

RAK

Extraordinary Member
JYou need to have Recent Programs and Recent Items turned on for it to work.
Open the start menu properties again and make sure, before you select "customise" , that under the "Start Menu" Tab you have both items ticked under the "privacy" tag (Store and display...etc. ) Then select customise and you should be in business.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Nice one Rak... I'd forgotten about that setting...Doh!

aka

Honorable Member
JYou need to have Recent Programs and Recent Items turned on for it to work.
Open the start menu properties again and make sure, before you select "customise" , that under the "Start Menu" Tab you have both items ticked under the "privacy" tag (Store and display...etc. ) Then select customise and you should be in business.
Thanks RAK, that was it...... can't believe I overlooked that option so many times. Again, thank you.

* I hope this doesn't double-post. I was greeted by "Connection reset by server" page the last time I tried. This site has been very slow to respond lately, taking 4 minutes or more to load a page, IF it loads at all. *

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.