Recombing old partitions

I used to have a Ubuntu install and my windows 7 install on different partitions but now I want to have my entire hard drive space for just windows 7. How do I recombine the old partitions? It's fine if I have to reinstall, I was planning on doing it for 7077 anyway. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Just delete both partitions and re-format hard drive.

Yeah I just used gparted and that worked wonders. Thanks though. 7077 is sweet by the way.

I use only GParted for partitioning.

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter
I used to have a Ubuntu install and my windows 7 install on different partitions but now I want to have my entire hard drive space for just windows 7. How do I recombine the old partitions? It's fine if I have to reinstall, I was planning on doing it for 7077 anyway. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Yes the windows 7 disk will be all that is needed to delete and format your hard disk - it is very fast too :)

GParted works faster than win 7 installation disk.

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter
GParted works faster than win 7 installation disk.
True GParted is good and fast but with the windows 7 disk in the drive and using windows 7 to partition you may find it as the edge :razz:

Hmm. With GParted i can format to almost every format i want. GParted boots up faster. You don't have to click so much ok, next, next, and so more, before you can start formatting

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.