Recommend the best antivirus

sureshcen

Hello there, everyone. My name is Shawn candy I'm From Suresh Steel Centre, I had bought a laptop. After a month, my laptop begins to lag. Could you please recommend the best antivirus for my laptop? I'd be grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:

tbernstein

Extraordinary Member
If you're correct and it's a virus installing AV software now is too late. You could try running Malwarebytes. Or take your laptop to your local, recommended computer shop. If it's just a month old maybe your retailer, even.
However, built in Microsoft AV should already be giving you the protection you need. These days it's pretty useful. And is enabled automatically if you have nothing else on. All the antivirus programmes are pretty decent. Several are free. and Googling for them is pretty straightforward. But I'm puzzled why you think it's a virus. These days a virus would most likely only get installed by clicking on a dodgy link. And frankly, if you're in the habit of doing that there could be all sorts of reasons why your laptop is running slowly. Currently I use Microsoft's built in. Other good free ones; Avast, Avira and Kaspersky( but that's Russian).

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Hello there, everyone. My name is Shawn candy I'm From Suresh Steel Centre, I had bought a laptop. After a month, my laptop begins to lag. Could you please recommend the best antivirus for my laptop? I'd be grateful.
Hi,

the 'lag' you speak of may not be down to a virus.

Do you perform any maintenance like clearing internet history/cookies or running the trim feature on your SSD?

Also running too many apps will eventually slow the machine so try keeping third party apps to a minimum. Even browser extensions can slow things down so again don't run too many if at all.

AV wise I use the professional version of Malwarebytes which has a once yearly payment but does a great job.

Malwarebytes Premium | Anti-Malware Protection

tbernstein

Extraordinary Member
As "Suresh Steel Centre" is apparently a large company in Mumbai. is this a corporate laptop?If so use your IT staff. But you say you bought it. So go back to where you bought it and get it checked if you can't do this yourself.