Recording Sounds

I have a problem as I cannot record using the Win sound recorder. I have gone into devices and tried to set using Realtek and AnySoft which are my two systems but I just cannot get it to work. I can play back sound files all day long I just cannot record. I do not use an external mic just the virtual built mic. Thanks for any help you can give me. Blessings. Dave

bassfisher6522

Essential Member
I think that's your problem right there.....no mic. You have to have a mic to record......not even a virtual mic will work as it has to have a physical mic to create the virtual mic to use the the hardware/software of it.

You may be right Bass if I were recording my voice but then the question in my mind is, why did my Windows Sound Recorder work before and I have never had a mic? Then, why does Any Video Recorder work since I do not have a mic? I can also go to a site that has downloads for "audio only" and I am able to download and play using just a click on my mouse using windows. Yet, I cannot record on Audacity, beats me. I even downloaded all my drivers and all is up to date. Something is not set right on my laptop. Thanks though. Blessings.

I have a problem as I cannot record using the Win sound recorder. I have gone into devices and tried to set using Realtek and AnySoft which are my two systems but I just cannot get it to work. I can play back sound files all day long I just cannot record. I do not use an external mic just the virtual built mic. Thanks for any help you can give me. Blessings. Dave
I do think you need to install some third-party programs to test whether you can reord sound or not.
Online Audio Recorder, vocaroo are all good choices for you.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.