Windows 7 Recording Sounds

daveleonard

I have a problem as I cannot record using the Win sound recorder. I have gone into devices and tried to set using Realtek and AnySoft which are my two systems but I just cannot get it to work. I can play back sound files all day long I just cannot record. I do not use an external mic just the virtual built mic. Thanks for any help you can give me. Blessings. Dave

I think that's your problem right there.....no mic. You have to have a mic to record......not even a virtual mic will work as it has to have a physical mic to create the virtual mic to use the the hardware/software of it.

You may be right Bass if I were recording my voice but then the question in my mind is, why did my Windows Sound Recorder work before and I have never had a mic? Then, why does Any Video Recorder work since I do not have a mic? I can also go to a site that has downloads for "audio only" and I am able to download and play using just a click on my mouse using windows. Yet, I cannot record on Audacity, beats me. I even downloaded all my drivers and all is up to date. Something is not set right on my laptop. Thanks though. Blessings.

I have a problem as I cannot record using the Win sound recorder. I have gone into devices and tried to set using Realtek and AnySoft which are my two systems but I just cannot get it to work. I can play back sound files all day long I just cannot record. I do not use an external mic just the virtual built mic. Thanks for any help you can give me. Blessings. Dave
I do think you need to install some third-party programs to test whether you can reord sound or not.
Online Audio Recorder, vocaroo are all good choices for you.

Back