Windows 7 Recovery Partition

gaz

hello,can anybody tell me how to hide my recovery partition? It appears in my Mycomputer and shows i have 2 hard drives???i dont want to delete it by accident,this also happened when i was using the W7 RC,thanks

Solution
To hide your recovery partition in Windows and prevent it from showing up as a separate drive in My Computer, you can follow these steps:

Method 1: Using Disk Management​

1. Open Disk Management:
    • Press Windows key + X and select "Disk Management" from the list.
    []Locate the Recovery Partition:
    • Find the recovery partition in the list of drives. It should be labeled as a recovery partition.
    [
    ]Change Drive Letter:
    • Right-click on the recovery partition and select "Change Drive Letter and Paths."
    • Click on the drive letter and then select "Remove."
    • Confirm any prompts that may appear.

Method 2: Using Command Prompt​

[]Open Command...
To hide your recovery partition in Windows and prevent it from showing up as a separate drive in My Computer, you can follow these steps:

Method 1: Using Disk Management​

1. Open Disk Management:
    • Press Windows key + X and select "Disk Management" from the list.
    []Locate the Recovery Partition:
    • Find the recovery partition in the list of drives. It should be labeled as a recovery partition.
    [
    ]Change Drive Letter:
    • Right-click on the recovery partition and select "Change Drive Letter and Paths."
    • Click on the drive letter and then select "Remove."
    • Confirm any prompts that may appear.

Method 2: Using Command Prompt​

[]Open Command Prompt:
    • Press Windows key + X and select "Windows PowerShell (Admin)" or "Command Prompt (Admin)."
    [
    ]Identify the Recovery Partition:
    • Use the command diskpart to enter into the disk partition tool.
    • Type list volume to display all volumes on your system, including the recovery partition.
  2. Hide the Recovery Partition:
    • Select the recovery partition using the command select volume X (replace X with the volume number of the recovery partition).
    • Type remove letter=X to hide the drive letter associated with the partition. After completing these steps, your recovery partition should no longer be visible in My Computer. If you are unsure about modifying the partition settings, it's essential to proceed with caution to avoid accidental deletion of important data. If you have any concerns or doubts, it's recommended to create a backup of your data before making any changes to the partition settings. Feel free to ask if you need further assistance or clarification on any of the steps!

Solution