Windows 7 Recurrent BSOD

Can pagefile cause Memory Management BSOD ?
See post #11:
Initial size is currently 2000MB and Maximum size is 3000MB.
Sounds fine. Page files can become corrupted over time so turn it off, reboot and then turn it back on.

I Mean I had already removed one stick as I wrote my Post.
Sure and now the machine has still blue screened you need to swap the sticks over and run on the other single stick... I'm assuming you have two sticks of RAM..
You may find , fingers crossed, that the machine only blue screens on one of the sticks and not both. If this occurs then we have our culprit.

I forgot to mention that one option still left to us is the Bios flash. I've been trying to find why your moBo has a different version number then the support page. Once we can clear up this mystery then it might be a viable option.

I have Disabled/Enabled paging and freed more space on C:/ Drive.

Actually, it hasn't blue screened yet while running only one Stick of RAM. If it doesn't Bluescreen in two Days (which would be phenomenal to my case), I'll swap. If it,indeed, blue screen, I'll still swap and test my the second Stick.

Thank you for your Guidance.

I forgot to mention that one option still left to us is the Bios flash. I've been trying to find why your moBo has a different version number then the support page. Once we can clear up this mystery then it might be a viable option.

As I have read before, The Motherboard I got is the "same" as G41 M-21 except it misses two SATA ports and two DIMM slots and what not. The latter being DDR2 Slots. Apparently, G41 M-20 is only existent in certain Markets. The Bios of G41 M-21 might work but it might also not.

Edit:
My motherboard is G41M-SP20 as reported by CPU-Z and written on the Board itself.

Edit:
I have found this Thread: MSI - G41M-SP20 Motherboard
Please, take a Look.

Last edited:
Hi,
thanks for the links. Nothing seems certain though and until we can say for sure I'd be hesitant to flash anything yet.

Hi,
thanks for the links. Nothing seems certain though and until we can say for sure I'd be hesitant to flash anything yet.
That is my thought as well. I'll keep that out of mind for now.

So I Had been living with only one stick of RAM (4GB) with no problem. Earlier today, I Got the urge to swap Sticks and the one i'm currently Using has thrown three BSODs so far (two of them were reproduced using Prime95). Below is a Dump file for you to inspect. Please, tell me what your wisdom figures out.

I'm Keeping the same stick for tonight. Let's see if Chrome does it again.

I'm posting any new dump files.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 080716-17222-01.rar
    38.7 KB · Views: 207
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 24, {1904fb, fffff88007553818, fffff88007553070, fffff880012d371a}

Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!NtfsTeardownStructures+1aa )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
this bugcheck relates to an issue in ntfs.sys, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS drives. Usually the biggest cause is corruption which in turn might have been caused by the recent bsod's.
Open an admin command prompt and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Earlier today, I Got the urge to swap Sticks and the one i'm currently Using has thrown three BSODs so far (two of them were reproduced using Prime95).

So the first stick had no bsod events at all whilst the second stick had 3? If this is the case then I'd swap back over to the stick which seems ok and test it further.

That makes sense. I'll do that right after Malwarebytes is done scanning.

Exactly. I have not tested it as I planned, but it did not Blue Screen. The one I'm using, however, has. I'm now letting normal use manifest and see if it develops into a BSOD since I'm only left with BSODs that were deliberate given the fact that the third one had nothing to do with Memory. The moment it does, I'm switching back to the old, seemingly Error-free Stick of RAM.

Thank you once again.

So, everything was working fine. However, Once I rebooted the other Day (due to my Windows Freezing instead of Blue screening), I went to Safe mode to test with Prime95 and After I had let it run enough, I restarted, but Since I did that, my Motherboard has been stuck In a Bootloop as long as a RAM is Inserted. Removing RAM Does produce Beeps, but putting if again Produces Bootloops. I have a Spare 1Gb DDR3 Stick that I Also tried, but the same thing happened. Clearing CMOS Doesn't seem to do anything. Leaving it unpluged with the Battery out overnight did nothing.

Do you have a recovery disk/USB or the install disk? If so and you can boot into the bios change the boot order, boot from disk/USB and run the repair option.

Try disconnecting everything from the motherboard, leave for 30mins and then reconnect. That means everything including the main power cables

I have had it for a Month only. I'm not sure if it is new because I have bought if for cheap without it's package and All, but I couldn't spot one spec of Dust when I got it.

I have done something Similar, but Alright. I have Disconnected everything except the CPU And it's Heatsink Fan.

Ok, I just reconnected what I had disconnected, and the Motherboard still bootloops with any RAM inserted.

As you have been going in and out of the case as well as unplugging connections I would go round and check every connection. Check everything even the more improbable connections.

Did you ask what the reason was for selling the board in the first place?

Is there anyway to contact the seller because this obviously shouldn't be happening after a month?

Back