Windows 7 Recurrent BSOD

Don't worry. We haven't moved from where we were. At this point, I'm Isolating the Sticks again.

Sure. The new Zip file is being uploaded. Please, let me know how it goes.

No, the Sticks are the same sticks I were using with the previous Motherboard.

Attachments

• CPU-Z.zip
    624 KB · Views: 319
Thx but i already have your CPU-Z files, it's the DUMP files I'm after. The zip files you posted earlier will not download for me as they flash up as malware hence my suggestion to run malwarebytes and post again.

Thx but i already have your CPU-Z files, it's the DUMP files I'm after. The zip files you posted earlier will not download for me as they flash up as malware hence my suggestion to run malwarebytes and post again.

My bad. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience and the Server storage space I have wasted. Malwarebytes keeps crashing for me, so I'm attempting once more to upload the right Zip file.

P.S. ESET Antivirus issues the file as being clean.

Attachments

• 081416-20451-01.zip
    41.2 KB · Views: 294
Much thanks i can download this one and please don't apologise it's all good. I'll post back shortly.

As your already aware memory is being blamed for the bsod.

It sounds like you have already gone over to the one stick? Hopefully this is the same stick which worked fine in the old system. If this is the case and you do not bsod again with that stick then you know the other stick was probably faulty. As i already mentioned Memtest86 can miss errors so it's worth checking.

The other possibility is that something your running is causing the blue screen. If you find the system still blue screens on the 'good' single stick then please remove Eset.
How do I manually uninstall my Windows ESET product?

Just use the MSE suite as it's ultra stable:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/14210/security-essentials-download

Yes. If I remember right, Which I'm sure I do, the stick I'm currently using is the one that didn't Blue Screen and the one that hasn't been extensively tested yet. All good so far.

I'll do remove ESET if both of them Blue screen on me.

I'm giving MSE suite a try in case I remove ESET.

Thank you.

Hmm.. Some AV suites do not like being run together so watch out in case it blue screens on you.

I'll make sure I do not install MSE suite unless ESET is fully uninstalled. Thank you for the Warning.

As a matter of update, the Stick I've been using for over a Day has not blue screened yet. And it'll likely not. My Computer has froze here and there when Idle but that's probably due to my System having become unstable with the intermittent BSODs.

the Stick I've been using for over a Day has not blue screened yet.
So far so good.. You may at some point want to try another stick but do make sure you know which stick is which.. :)

probably due to my System having become unstable with the intermittent BSODs
It's certainly possible and i'd try running the system file checker.
Open an admin command prompt and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

I'm marking the one I'm currently using next time I Remove it. The other one has already been tested with the previous motherboard and it, indeed, blue Screened. Although It has not been tested individually with the new MoBo, but my machine blue screened when I had both inserted. If everything goes well by Tomorrow, I'm taking both out, and seeking to have the faulty one replaced for me since they are fairly new and have been acquired in the same day.

I'm Running the command now, and I'll restart tomorrow after I'm sure the stick currently in use will not blue screen.

Although It has not been tested individually with the new MoBo, but my machine blue screened when I had both inserted. If everything goes well by Tomorrow, I'm taking both out, and seeking to have the faulty one replaced for me since they are fairly new and have been acquired in the same day.
Idealy all sticks should be tested on an individual basis.

Ok, good luck with the new RAM if you do end up buying some.

Both RAM sticks have been individually Tested. Only with different Motherboard. But Alright, I'll give the other stick some alone time with the New Motherboard and see if it Misbehaves as it seemingly did when I had both installed.

Thank you.

I have just rebooted from a BSOD while using the Seemingly faulty Stick of RAM. Below is a Minidump file. Please, Inspect if for reasons.

Attachments

• 081716-24570-01.rar
    37.3 KB · Views: 293
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800030de59c, fffff880070ecf50, 0}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiCaptureProtectionFromProto+1c )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
much thanks for the update. The stick did what you suspected it would and blue screened. This result just helps to confirm what our final assessment is and I'm so glad it did actually blue screen.
Ok so when you have a pair of sticks and one becomes faulty, it's better to buy a matched pair rather than a single stick. This means that the sticks will have been matched in the factory especially for dual channel configurations. Best of luck with the new hardware.. :)

I'm so glad it did as well. I had been waiting for it to make its move because it always does and force me to restart which I'm not a fan of.

Thank you, Kemical. I'll keep this thread alive and keep you updated.

Hi, Kemical. I have got the faulty Stick of RAM Replaced with a new one. I'm currently using it along side the other one that has proven its Stability and I'm very positive about it.

P.S. Both Sticks are twins thus playing together and Enabling Dual Channel.

I'll Keep you Updated : )

Back
Top Bottom