Windows 7 Recurrent BSOD

Hello, Kemical. I haven't had any BSODs ever Since I Started using the New Stick of RAM. How Do I fix that ? : )

I'm so Glad I can finally use my Computer without a Screenshot of a BSOD on the back of my Head : ) There have been a few Freezes here and there, And I have probably Attributed that to the right cause - Either my Wireless Adapter was using an unstable Driver which I have downgraded or my new Hotspot software is somehow malfunctioning which I doubt. I will keep Observing and let you know what turns out for me : )

Excellent news, thank you. :) Please post back if the freezing should become a problem.

Hello, Again. The freezing continues and I'm about to replace my Hotspot software with an Alternative to see if that solves the issue. If I find no good Alternative to it, I'm reinstalling Connectify since it didn't appear to have been the cause of the BSODs I used to get.

Other than that, Is there anyway to figure out what might have caused the OS to hang as it is the case with BSODs ?

You could try checking the event logs to see if anything is appearing frequently.

When does the freezing typically happen? The reason I ask is because a major cause of freezing is a overheating system so make sure that any dust build up is removed.
Also if the freezing occurs when trying to something in particular then you may have to re-install whatever it is your using.

Also running the system file checker can help.

In an Administrators command prompt please type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

The last recurrent error registered by event log says "The WinPcap Packet Driver (NPF) service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified."

It typically happens when the PC is idle. But it has also happened when I was using it or watching something on it. It once even froze minutes after rebooting from a frozen OS. The computer is clean and no sign of overheating.

I have Reinstalled Connectify to rule the previous Hotspot software out, but I still found it frozen a while ago.

The Command is now running as Admin and I'll post the log once it's over.

I have Reinstalled Connectify to rule the previous Hotspot software out, but I still found it frozen a while ago.
To be honest i would have removed/uninstalled it so versions don't clash. I'm nipping up the store as my coffee is without sugar (a major no no) but will check for any updates as soon as I'm back.. :)

I have reinstalled the same software version I had before, And Alright, Kemical, I'm not in rush : )

I have just had a BSOD without a label on it and due to my C drive being low on space, no minidump was saved. I have freed more space now to make sure it gets saved.

I'll Run the command Again since I'm not sure If it was done by the time it blue screened.

I have just encountered a BSOD saying Memory Management again. At this point, I'm reinstalling Windows.

Attachments

• 082116-18361-01.rar
    32.1 KB · Views: 315
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {41287, 1, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : hardware ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+46585 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
interesting dump file.
The first i noticed was this
Code:
WARNING: em018_64 overlaps em006_64
This can mean that the debugger missed a shutdown or crash but basically Eset is overlapping and ideally you need to remove it and just run on Defender.

I can see that connectify was running at the time of the crash and it might be worth downloading the latest network driver from here:
OnBoard Lan driver
BIOSTAR :: Motherboard

Remove all your network drivers in fact anything to do with network.. Reboot then re-install the latest network driver from the above link followed by any wifi drivers.

Regarding the new RAM, you were a little vague as to where the new stick came from other than it was the same brand. Can you expand further?

I'll put off reinstalling Windows the test the above Suggestions (Running on Defender and removing any driver that has to do with Networking and installing them with the provided link).

I got the new RAM from the Exact same store I got the previous ones from. Apparently, They had a container with a lot of them stacked on it. The Stickers on both RAM Sticks say the same except for a couple of characters that never matched on either of the Sticks I got from there.

Alright. So I have uninstalled ESET Antivirus and Enabled Defender. I have also opened Device Manager, expended Network Adapters, Ticked "Show Hidden Devices" and Uninstalled everything I Could find. Some would not uninstall so Left them be, But the majority uninstalled. I then Downloaded and installed "On-Board LAN" from the Link you provided and I'm contemplating Results.

As a Side note, When I got the new Motherboard, I have Adapted my Windows Installation to the new Hardware instead of reinstalling it using a Tool I ran Off a USB Flash drive.

Below are a few Errors logged by Event viewer.

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-SharedAccess_NAT
Date: 8/21/2016 2:24:27 PM
Event ID: 34005
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Aladin-PC
Description:
The ICS_IPV6 was unable to allocate bytes of memory. This may indicate that the system is low on virtual memory, or that the memory manager has encountered an internal error.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns='http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event'><System><Provider Name='Microsoft-Windows-SharedAccess_NAT' Guid='{A6F32731-9A38-4159-A220-3D9B7FC5FE5D}' EventSourceName='ipnathlp'/><EventID Qualifiers='0'>34005</EventID><Version>0</Version><Level>3</Level><Task>0</Task><Opcode>0</Opcode><Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords><TimeCreated SystemTime='2016-08-21T21:24:27.000000000Z'/><EventRecordID>76262</EventRecordID><Correlation/><Execution ProcessID='0' ThreadID='0'/><Channel>System</Channel><Computer>Aladin-PC</Computer><Security/></System><EventData Name='IP_ICS_IPV6_LOG_DELETE_IPV6_ADDRESS_FAIL'><Data Name='param1'></Data></EventData></Event>

Source: Service Control Manager
Date: 8/21/2016 2:24:02 PM
Event ID: 7000
Level: Error
Description:
The WinPcap Packet Driver (NPF) service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">7000</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-08-21T21:24:02.106160000Z" />
<EventRecordID>76250</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="572" ThreadID="3852" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Aladin-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="param1">WinPcap Packet Driver (NPF)</Data>
<Data Name="param2">%%2</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Source: Service Control Manager
Date: 8/21/2016 2:23:56 PM
Event ID: 7000
Description:
The 160WifiNetPro service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.
Event Xml:
<System>
<Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">7000</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-08-21T21:23:56.895750800Z" />
<EventRecordID>76196</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="572" ThreadID="704" />
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="param1">160WifiNetPro</Data>
<Data Name="param2">%%2</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Source: Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig
Date: 8/21/2016 2:23:11 PM
Event ID: 10000
Keywords:
User: SYSTEM
Description:
WLAN Extensibility Module has failed to start.

Module Path: C:\Windows\system32\Rtlihvs.dll
Error Code: 126

Event Xml:
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig" Guid="{9580D7DD-0379-4658-9870-D5BE7D52D6DE}" />
<EventID>10000</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-08-21T21:23:11.010839600Z" />
<EventRecordID>76156</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="1020" ThreadID="1316" />
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="ExtensibleModulePath">C:\Windows\system32\Rtlihvs.dll</Data>
<Data Name="ErrorCode">126</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Last edited by a moderator:
They had a container with a lot of them stacked on it. The Stickers on both RAM Sticks say the same except for a couple of characters that never matched on either of the Sticks I got from there.
Hmm... This doesn't sound good especially if the sticks were loose and not in anti static bags. You don't know what has been thrown into the pile good or bad.
.You may have simply bought another bad stick and you will have to test to make sure it's not faulty.
Your best bet is buying two brand new sticks from an unopened sealed packet making sure they are on the memory compatibility list.

I have also opened Device Manager, expended Network Adapters, Ticked "Show Hidden Devices" and Uninstalled everything I Could find. Some would not uninstall so Left them be, But the majority uninstalled. I then Downloaded and installed "On-Board LAN" from the Link you provided and I'm contemplating Results.
To be honest simply removing the drivers from add and remove programs would have done but in any case, good job. Now let's hope with some fresh drivers the freezing either stops or is less frequent.

As a Side note, When I got the new Motherboard, I have Adapted my Windows Installation to the new Hardware instead of reinstalling it using a Tool I ran Off a USB Flash drive.
Hmm...again not good, the motherboard is basically 'the computer' and Windows ideally should always and i mean always be installed afresh using the clean install method (boot from disk). Once that's done you can then apply any back ups you may have.
I strongly suggest that at some point you perform a clean install. You can get the drivers from the motherboard support page and i always do this before i re-install so i have them ready (pop them on a zip drive).

Did the bsod occur not long after you installed the new stick? If so you may have your culprit right there...

True. I was lured towards them by their price for every other Store sold them very Expensively.

I'm considering a Fresh install very Soon. Probably tonight.

Since I got the stick replaced, The BSOD occured only today.

for every other Store sold them very Expensively.
If you can wait some then the best prices will be online as well as a better choices no doubt.

Has the freezing stopped?

the motherboard is basically 'the computer' and Windows ideally should always and i mean always be installed afresh using the clean install method (boot from disk).
I meant to go on and say especially if it's a new motherboard. So yes a fresh install would perhaps help.

Unfortunately, I can't shop online where I Live.

I have Reinstalled Windows and the freezing will Hopefully stop : )

Morning Aladin,

that's a shame about the shopping online but let's see how things pan out now you have a fresh copy of Windows installed.

Morning, Kemical : )

True. And Unfortunately, The OS still hung on me last night while I left it to idle for a while. Next I'm going to try a Different Wifi Adapter since I Suspect it has to do with Networking. Resting the Router is also an Option for when I bought this Adapter new, It would blackout a while after being connected to it and require unplugging/Re-plugging and nothing fixed the problem until I Magically thought bad of the Router which was the Culprit. If none of that works, I'm putting the 1GB RAM Stick in and try to survive with it and see if the problem occurs with it in use as well.

I have messed with the Bios as well, and Disabled Hibernation last night. The OS had been idle for over Six hours. Next it does hang, I'm proceeding with the above.

P.S. I Disabled Write Caching for my Hard-Drive for I have spotted somebody saying it helped with His Problem. If the problem is fixed, I'll re-enable everything one by one.

Last edited:
I Disabled Write Caching for my Hard-Drive for I have spotted somebody saying it helped with His Problem.
This can affect your performance but as it's testing give it a try.

I see your trying a few things although i wouldn't add your RAM stick back if the bsod's have stopped. Your network testing however sounds like a good idea as it was mentioned in the dumps. Best of luck with the troubleshooting.

Back
Top Bottom