Windows 7 Recurring BSOD

Klippetop

Hey everyone

My 2 year old HP DV3610ae Laptop keeps giving me a BSOD.

It's a Core2Duo T6400 2.0 Ghz with 4Gb DDR2 Ram.

Usually its a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, but I have seen other errors and some times it just restarts without BSOD and no memorydump is then generated.
It is usually just after login, but lately the BSOD is coming within the first half hour.

I have done a clean install with Windows 7 Enterprise and the problem is still there.

I have done memtest and prime95 for several hours with no problem in fail safe mode.
Also no problem with chkdsk.

Fail safe mode never crashes, only normal login.

Have removed DVD drive. Still BSOD.

There is no new hardware installed.

Have had "gcswf32.dll stopped working" fault in safemode and normal mode when running chrome browser.

Only windows defender and firewall is installed.

Usually I can troubleshoot my own problems, but this one has me baffled. Windbg says nt!KiIdleLoop+0xd
in the last stack text.

Hope that somebody can help because I cant afford a new laptop right now.

Thx
Martin

Attachments

• Seven Forums.zip
    754.5 KB · Views: 371
Hi Martin,

My analysis is inconclusive. The files involved in your errors are Windows system files.

See: What is IRQL? - A Hole In My Head - Site Home - MSDN Blogs for DISPATCH_LEVEL based IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL errors.

Please rule out system file corruption by performing a Link Removed - Invalid URL.

I would run memtest86+ to see if you have a bad stick of RAM (Hardware fault).

If you have made any changes to your system recently, or if this is a new system, undo any changes since the system became unstable OR consider a RMA of components.

If you can provide any additional information on any anomalous activity that you have observed recently on your computer, please do so. I believe this may be hardware related, but if you are running any software that interacts with the hardware abstraction layer such as an anti-virus solution or multiple programs running in active memory, you should consider cleansing your system of these programs and repairing the registry.

Here is a report generated on your errors below:

[FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]On Wed 2/1/2012 8:38:19 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Users\Mike\Downloads\bsod\020112-18033-01.dmp
uptime: 00:02:27
This was probably caused by the following module: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]ntkrnlpa.exe[/FONT] (nt+0x415FB)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xC13E, 0xFF, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFF82AC3BD2)
Error: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL[/FONT]
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]On Wed 2/1/2012 8:24:07 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Users\Mike\Downloads\bsod\020112-22074-01.dmp
uptime: 5 days, 02:12:14
This was probably caused by the following module: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]hal.dll[/FONT] (hal+0x2644)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x0, 0xFF, 0x1, 0xFFFFFFFF82A18644)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
product: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]Microsoft® Windows® Operating System[/FONT]
company: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]Microsoft Corporation[/FONT]
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]On Thu 1/19/2012 3:24:48 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Users\Mike\Downloads\bsod\011912-21325-01.dmp
uptime: 00:01:58
This was probably caused by the following module: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]ntkrnlpa.exe[/FONT] (nt+0x415FB)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x7297, 0xFF, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFF82A88E1C)
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]On Thu 1/19/2012 1:37:22 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Users\Mike\Downloads\bsod\011912-18782-01.dmp
uptime: 00:04:55
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x7CC8FF5, 0xFF, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFF82AC2A7F)
[/FONT]

[FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]
Conclusion

[/FONT]
[FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]4 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. [/FONT]

Thank you for your reply. I'm thinking hardware too. Memtest, prime95, chkdsk and system file integrity check finds nothing. And even after a complete reinstall with format, the problem persists.

I'm starting to suspect the battery since i changed it about 6 months ago with an unoriginal one, and I haven't seen any bsod's with the powercable in lately. Only on battery. Do you think that this could be an explanation?

Back