Recurring DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSoD

about once a day my computer locks with a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSoD with stop code 0x0000009F. then does a minidump and reboots just fine. i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling various drivers and ran a chkdsk /r but this still happens. any ideas on what is causing it? I will include my two latest minidump files for reference.

I am on an HP e9200z with AMD Phenom II X4 945 processor, 4 GB of RAM running Windows 7 64-bit. any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks for responding! I ran a cmd as admin and tried the scf/scannow and got this response: "'scf' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
From the dmp file information it looks like an issue with something called mausb.sys you can try googling that but it looks to me like it may be associated with a sound driver called Fast Track Pro driver. I see a lot of people uninstalling that and resorting to an alternative driver. Hope this helps and keep us posted as to how you're doing.
Merry Christmas
Randy

EDIT: The system file checker is sfc /scannow

Last edited:
that's reassuring that the .dmp file referenced the m-audio driver .sys because i literally *just* ran sigverif.exe and that m-audio driver came up as the only unsigned driver, so i removed that one, tracked down a different one and installed it. hopefully that fixed it. thank you very much for the help!

and i will run the scf /scannow just incase, thanks for the edit.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Glad we could help, make sure you post back and let us know how it's going

will do! I ran sfc and it found no violations, if the problem persists I will just have to switch sound cards until M-Audio sorts this problem out thanks a lot!

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.