Windows 7 RED X on embedded images from websites and via emails.

drobertt

Have tried all the suggestions via the forums and nothing works. Still get the red x from people. Plus there is a website that others get the images but all 3 of our computers get the red x. 2 XP pcs and 1 windows 7. Could it be the router or modem that is blocking? We use Time Warner Cable for our internet and a router from Linksys.:(

If all of the computers are going through the same router I would suspect it may be a setting there in the router. I've got Roadrunner from Time Warner and never experienced this. Do they all have the same antivirus and do you use a third party firewall? Try connecting without the router and see if that makes a difference.
Joe

It was the router. I pulled out the ethernet and reassembled and the red x is gone. I don't understand why disconnecting and then reconnecting the ethernet from the modem to the router made it work but thanks for your help

Some times they just need a reset. Mine wouldn't connect today and I had to power cycle both router and modem to fix.
Joe

Back