Windows 7 Regular BLUE SCREEN

-Ga-

Hey,

I had installed Windows 7 RC FINAL yesterday, and I have 1 problem.

About every 30 minutes my PC turning off and I see blue screen with "dumping physical memory to disk..". When it's done, PC starting again.

Help :rolleyes:?

Last edited:
Hello and Welcome to Windows7forums.. :)

Did you do a clean install or upgrade? What are your comps specs? ;) Was the ISO downloaded from Microsoft directly? What app was used to burn the ISO to DVD? Did you burn the ISO at the slowest possible speed?

We can try a few things once these questions are answered.. ;)

Hello and Welcome to Windows7forums.. :)

Did you do a clean install or upgrade? What are your comps specs? ;) Was the ISO downloaded from Microsoft directly? What app was used to burn the ISO to DVD? Did you burn the ISO at the slowest possible speed?

We can try a few things once these questions are answered.. ;)

1. Clean install
2. 2 gb RAM, geForce 8600 gts, intel core 2 duo 2,66 ghz
3. No, I ISO dowloaded from torrent
4. Active ISO burner
5. Yes, speed was the slowest, but I used DVD-RW.

Does the screen stay up long enough for you to read the top line

As an ample BAD_POOL_ERROR

As the RC version is officially available from MS's web site I would recommend that you download and install that one. As far as I know the official version is just called RC (not RC FINAL).

Also check the ISO file's hash values. For the 64-bit version these should be:-
CRC32: 58FB2BE0
MD5: 98341AF35655137966E382C4FEAA282D
SHA-1: FC867FE1AB2E0A9796F9E4D155B44EA6998F4874

To check these values download Hash Tab 2.3.0 from http://beeblebrox.org - install it and then check the file properties - you will see a new tab called 'File Hashes' - you check the values from there. If they are any different I would suspect the ISO file which you downloaded.

Unfortunately I don't have the hash values of the 32-bit version of Windows RC - perhaps somebody who has downloaded the official release from MS can check the values and post them here.

Does the screen stay up long enough for you to read the top line

As an ample BAD_POOL_ERROR

No, there wasn't that line.

As the RC version is officially available from MS's web site I would recommend that you download and install that one. As far as I know the official version is just called RC (not RC FINAL).

Also check the ISO file's hash values. For the 64-bit version these should be:-
CRC32: 58FB2BE0
MD5: 98341AF35655137966E382C4FEAA282D
SHA-1: FC867FE1AB2E0A9796F9E4D155B44EA6998F4874

To check these values download Hash Tab 2.3.0 from http://beeblebrox.org - install it and then check the file properties - you will see a new tab called 'File Hashes' - you check the values from there. If they are any different I would suspect the ISO file which you downloaded.

Unfortunately I don't have the hash values of the 32-bit version of Windows RC - perhaps somebody who has downloaded the official release from MS can check the values and post them here.

ok, thanks - I'll try it.

I must agree with that, I read on a lot of site that many Windows 7 torrent has been infected with many virus and trojan since the RC has been announced and even after it's release, like Carol_s said, due to the fact that Windows 7 RC (the cd-key too) is free for download on Microsoft Website, just go download it (you just need a windows live account like hotmail), and do once again a clean install of your OS, if your blue screen persist, it can be cause by many problems, as much as software problems or hardware problems, here is a website that can help you with those blue screen, it's really well documented : Blue Screen of Death Survival Guide: Every Error Explained - Page 1 | Maximum PC

Good Luck

I must agree with that, I read on a lot of site that many Windows 7 torrent has been infected with many virus and trojan since the RC has been announced and even after it's release, like Carol_s said, due to the fact that Windows 7 RC (the cd-key too) is free for download on Microsoft Website, just go download it (you just need a windows live account like hotmail), and do once again a clean install of your OS, if your blue screen persist, it can be cause by many problems, as much as software problems or hardware problems, here is a website that can help you with those blue screen, it's really well documented : Blue Screen of Death Survival Guide: Every Error Explained - Page 1 | Maximum PC

Good Luck

get it from MS = few problems . Torent you must know what your doing .

-Ga,

That was only an example

oh, one time there wasn't any title, another time - "driver_irql_less_or_no_equal" or very similar.

PS - I tried to re-instal another fresh copy of Windows 7 which I downloaded from microsoft site, but still the same problem left.

Last edited:
It's definitely a hard ware issue

Heres an MSDN solution

To resolve an error caused by an incompatible device driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup tool
  1. Check the System Log in Event Viewer for error messages that might identify the device or driver that caused the error.
  2. Try disabling memory caching of the BIOS.
  3. Run the hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer, especially the memory scanner. For details on these procedures, see the owner's manual for your computer.
  4. Make sure the latest Service Pack is installed.
  5. If your system has small computer system interface (SCSI) adapters, contact the adapter manufacturer to obtain updated Windows drivers. Try disabling sync negotiation in the SCSI BIOS, checking the cabling and the SCSI IDs of each device, and confirming proper termination.
  6. For integrated device electronics (IDE) devices, define the onboard IDE port as Primary only. Also, check each IDE device for the proper master/subordinate/stand-alone setting. Try removing all IDE devices except for hard disks.
Hope this helps

Back