Windows 7 Reinstall with Windows 7 student key

mindstormmaster

I have the student version of Windows 7, but found a way to turn it into a boot able .iso which I burned to a dvd. I was wondering if something goes wrong with my computer or I need to make a clean install again I know I can reinstall windows with the disc(right?), but my main question is will I be able to use the activation key a second time or will it not let me?

Thanks,
Ethan

Same computer the key works..but change computer or hardware (motheboard or just bios) and it looks to Microsoft like you are trying to use the same keycode on another computer.

You will have to find a tweak to get the upgrade key to work if you do a clean install from disk.

Hmm

Awesome thats great to hear, but Im still wondering is the Student Version of Windows 7 an upgrade key and if it is then what tweaks do I need to make to get it to work. I would really like to figure it out before something goes wrong and I NEED to reinstall.

Thanks,
Ethan

Awesome thats great to hear, but Im still wondering is the Student Version of Windows 7 an upgrade key and if it is then what tweaks do I need to make to get it to work. I would really like to figure it out before something goes wrong and I NEED to reinstall.
Thanks,
Ethan

ummm.... i got two ugly infractions by my name for telling people how to do it... so if someone else doesn't tell you , you'll have to google.

but Microsoft does say it is leagal for you to use a workaround:

Microsoft Says Windows 7 Install Workaround Is Legal - PC World

Information does want to be free but often people like me and Galileo Galilei get into trouble for freeing it.

Back