Windows 7 Reinstallation stuck

Alexander Ege

Hi all,

So I have had a small nightmarish time of updating my PC. I had bought a new GPU and a SSD harddisk. I could not get them installed properly myself, so had to turn in my PC to a professional to get them installed and working.

I got my PC back today and the new GPU and the new harddisk were working. I put in my Windows 7 installation disk, as I wanted a new installation of window, using the SSD as my harddrive with the OS on, rather than one of my two HDDs.

That is where it went wrong. As part of the installation process the computer rebooted and then it never continued with the installation. If I reboot my computer now one of two things happen:
1) With my Windows CD in, I am prompted to press a button to boot from that - if I do, it will start to load windows and then get stuck on the "Starting Windows" screen and never get any further;
2) If I do not press the button, I will get a very very very short blue screen blink and then the screen will go black and nothing happens.

I cannot "restart" the installation process. It won't recognize my previous installation of windows. I am basically stuck and can get any further. I have recorded a small video of it here:

Any help or ideas for what I can do would be much appreciated. Thanks.

/A

1. Make sure that the SSD is the primary drive in the BIOS or UFI
2. If more than 1 drive in the PC disconnect all but the SSD and see if that allows the install to complete

Back
Top Bottom